Teh ForumHosting

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
37500.21 In reply to 37500.20 
I agree completely. BP would be an even more curmudgeonly support than the average professional anyway. His only saving grace would be that he actually ran on the server.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt      
37500.22 In reply to 37500.17 
Ok, though going to be this evening (11pm+) before I get time.

Will post here again when I've done it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Ok, ticket created:

quote:
Hi,

The Order document for next year's subscription has just been created (EV27909S), but unfortunately we will be letting the subscription expire when we reach the end of the current hosting period (7th Oct 2010).

(Since the current EUR exchange rates are not in our favour, so we can get better value with a UK-based host.)

Could you please set the subscription to not renew and also make a payment for the current credit on the account (€150.44) to me?

Thank you,

Peter Boughton

Hopefully that's all clear and they'll give us the ~£125 back.

Will post again after any significant responses.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
37500.24 In reply to 37500.23 
Quick update...

Auto renewal is off, and we're still here, so that's good. Hosting expires 7th Oct, so we've got 3 months (I've set myself a handful of reminders for nearer that time.)

EuroVPS are trying to weasel out of paying the credit note. When it's not so hot (so Sun/Mon), I'll write a reply telling them we won't accept excuses; they owe us money.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37500.25 In reply to 37500.24 
Tell 'em we'll send the bumliffs 'round!

bastard by name, bastard by nature

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37500.26 In reply to 37500.24 
Peter

When you say "EuroVPS are trying to weasel out of paying the credit note" what do you mean?

I assume they haven't replied "Dear Peter, your request duly noted and the account will not be renewed. If you could possibly see your way clear may we keep the money we owe you?"

Or have they?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william     
37500.27 In reply to 37500.26 
Not quite...
quote:
Unfortunately we cannot refund the credit notes in HSPc accounts

...is all they've said on that - though they haven't closed the ticket, so currently more dragging feet than refusal to pay.

If the HSPc software doesn't let them, they can go talk to the finance dept and do a manual payment instead.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Ok, haven't responded yet, and wouldn't mind people checking what I'm planning to send:
quote:
Hi John,

Thank you for disabling the auto-renewal option.

Since you cannot refund via the HSPc accounts, please confirm that you can repay the €150.44 owed via a manual payment (e.g. bank transfer) and I will supply suitable details for this.

Thank you,

Peter Boughton

Which is in reply to this:
quote:
Dear Peter,

We have turned off the auto renewal option for your subscription 4736, tehforumnew.customer.attikh.net as per your request.

Unfortunately we cannot refund the credit notes in HSPc accounts.

Thank you

Best regards,
--
John Abraham

Is what I've written ok, or can anyone suggest a better response?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37500.29 In reply to 37500.28 
What is an HSPc account~?

GIVE ME MEAT! :@ msg:37418.1
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
37500.30 In reply to 37500.29 
HSPc is the software used: parallels.com/products/hspcomplete

I'm not sure if "accounts" is a specific admin part of the software, or if it just means generic "user accounts".
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37500.31 In reply to 37500.28 
what's the credit note for? It seems a reasonable opening gambit. If it's just that we've more credit paid on there than needed so far then I doubt they have a legal leg to stand on.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
37500.32 In reply to 37500.31 
A few years back we switched to a cheaper plan, but were told it couldn't be a simple downgrade, and instead had to purchase another subscription, transfer the server over, and then close the first one.

So we did that, and got a credit note for the unused portion of the first one.

Some of that credit was used to pay last year's fee*, and this is what we've now got left.
*eventually. At first they tried to void the credit and charge again, but after complaining the payment was refunded and the credit re-instated and reduced by the appropriate amount.

So yeah, basically we've overpaid and they owe us that money.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37500.33 In reply to 37500.28 
Ok, have just sent in that message, hopefully it'll go smoothly.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37500.34 In reply to 37500.33 
Ha. I'm fairly sure they've engaged Maximum Weasel Mode to try and get out of paying up, so I doubt it. But you've started politely and remaining firm ought to see it right eventually.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37500.35 In reply to 37500.34 
Just keep the Manthorp bumming threats in reserve for now. No need to get nasty unless you have to. :{)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
37500.36 In reply to 37500.34 
Yeah, probably. Just hope it doesn't drag on for ages or anything.

A brief update in that it's been passed to the accounts director, and waiting for them to respond, though no indication of how long that'll take.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

37500.37 In reply to 37500.36 
Have they seen the /size/ of the Throb?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt      
37500.38 In reply to 37500.1 

Wherever you want to go Hon is fine with us. Sometime in August we'll be able to pitch something into things. I think I still have the information Pete sent us last year.

DP

Cybatrons Free Network: Where Free isn't a dirty word!
HanginOutForums.com: Free, Add-free Beehive forums & X7chat room hosting, & more!
NetutopiaForums.com: Free, Add-free Beehive forums & X7chat room hosting!
RPGworlds.org: Worlds of Free RPGaming at your fingertips!
---Free, Add-free hosting for PHPBB RPG forums with X7chat!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

As you know, I fully recommend Linode. Been using them for a long time now and it's been very very smooth.

You have full root access, full control to install whatever the hell you want, you can partition drives yourself, install OS's ..etc.

It's very very nice.

If anyone wants a login to demo my own server (to see the interface you're given and the options you have), just send me a PM. There's nothing important on the server.

Anyways, in the entire time I've been in/around teh, I don't think I've ever donated. Not because I want to, but because I always forget or I never have money available when it's being talked about (like now, for example, as I'm skint).

Put some little status next to peoples name to say they're a donator. This would remind me to donate.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mikee     
37500.40 In reply to 37500.39 
quote: Mikee
Put some little status next to peoples name to say they're a donator. This would remind me to donate.

I can see that this might be considered 'shaming' people into donating, but otherwise +1.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  41–60  …  81–100

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats