Teh Forumm.tehforum.co.uk

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
36924.21 In reply to 36924.16 
OMG Ant read this!!!

Sorry, I can't hear a word you're saying!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Ken (SHIELDSIT)     
36924.22 In reply to 36924.21 
:D Thanks for that link!!

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
36924.23 In reply to 36924.22 
You betcha. I hadn't heard anything about it and only found that by mistake. Good news though!

Sorry, I can't hear a word you're saying!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt      
36924.24 In reply to 36924.1 

Not a bad effort, but I think the mobile (lite) verison could do with some work. All the following has been tried on an iPhone and hence that is the perspective of the comments:

1) The login screen, I had to zoom in to be able to click in them and type.

2) After logging in, the thread list was again too "zoomed out". I had to zoom in to be able to properly click on any thread, but then it was side-scroll city.

3) I have seen on many mobile sites the address bar being scrolled up and out of the way once the page is loaded. Looks a lot more professional.

4) Going into a thread, once again the text is too small. You need to zoom in, but then you have to scroll from side to side, as the text wrap is too wide on the screen.

5) Buttons or links like the Reply button should be made bigger to accommodate fingers.

6) And again, replying brings up boxes that are both too small (on initial zoom) and too large (once entered) to allow comfortable use.

But, saying all that, it is certainly a great start and a good idea. I'm sure there are many here that are CSS buffs that could make it even better.

Thanks,
Mark

--
Red XIII
Australia

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL

Testing reply via iPhone.

Cheers,
Mark

--
Red XIII
Australia

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Red_XIII     
36924.26 In reply to 36924.24 

The lite mode itself has been around for ages - it's just the convenient subdomain recently added.

We've got several iPhone users (and plenty of Android, WinMo, etc) and nobody has yet mentioned zooming as being necessary - are you sure you don't have your text size defaulted to small, or something?

Maybe a font-size preference (like the main UI has) could solve that in any case.

The zooming causing side-scrolls is an iPhone bug - at least on my Android mobile it wraps the text to the screen as you zoom - which is sensible behaviour for a mobile. With the above font pref, this issue would go away anyway.

For buttons, again could use font pref. The only issue I have with buttons is the radio buttons for html mode - it would be good if they could have labels added for easier use (I think this applies to non lite mode also; can't remember for sure).

Oh, and when posting a new thread, the Post button is at the bottom and half under the onscreen quick nav control thing... not explained very well, maybe if another Android user can see what I mean? (same problem with Apply button on edit page).

For point 3, I'm a bit confused - the address bar is part of the browser, not the page?
Unless there's some metatag that instructs mobile Safari to hide it, but that doesn't make sense.
Can you clarify what you're seeing/expecting for this?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36924.27 In reply to 36924.24 
Your iphone sounds broken.

Fista is a reference to the sexual pastime of fisting, during which the penetrator introduces their fist into the anus or vagina of the receiver. The penetrator may use lubricant to ease the passage. I'm not sure what the penetrator gets out of this, other than poo under their fingernails, but there you go. Referring to Vista as Fista indicates that the user feels that they've been fisted by Micro$haft. Whether or not the company used lubricant is a matter of debate. I suspect that it has poo under its fingernails though.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36924.28 In reply to 36924.24 
Pretty much echoing what Pete said, it sounds like an iPhone/browser issue rather than a Beehive issue. Opera v10 beta on WM does a similar thing but its definitely down to the browser rather than the phone because I think other browsers don't have the same issue.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
36924.29 In reply to 36924.26 

>>Oh, and when posting a new thread, the Post button is at the bottom and half under the onscreen quick nav control thing... not explained very well, maybe if another Android user can see what I mean? (same problem with Apply button on edit page).

D'ya mean Zoomy button things that appear when you swipe around the page? It used to cover the Post button for me (not a problem, just wait a second for it to disapear again and then post), but since Matt moved the Project Beehive Forum link to the right and down a line, the controlls are now under the post button rather than over it.

Yay for matt \o/.

Fista is a reference to the sexual pastime of fisting, during which the penetrator introduces their fist into the anus or vagina of the receiver. The penetrator may use lubricant to ease the passage. I'm not sure what the penetrator gets out of this, other than poo under their fingernails, but there you go. Referring to Vista as Fista indicates that the user feels that they've been fisted by Micro$haft. Whether or not the company used lubricant is a matter of debate. I suspect that it has poo under its fingernails though.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36924.30 In reply to 36924.26 

>are you sure you don't have your text size defaulted to small, or something?

There is no text sizing option in the Safari prefs on the iPhone. Only for the Mail app. I just tried changing that and did indeed change the font size in Mail (I had it as Small) to a size that was unnecessarily large. But no difference made in Safari.

I can take a screenshot and upload it, if you wish, or if someone else doesn't beat me to it.

>The zooming causing side-scrolls is an iPhone bug

Mmm... I can see your point of view... But explain to me what happens on a normal (not a cut down mobile version) HTML page that is quite busy. Say like THESUN.CO.UK on the Android. Are you saying that if you zoom in, all the text gets bigger AND wraps to your screen size? I can't imagine how that would work??? From my point of view, the iPhone works as I expect it to. *shrug*

>Unless there's some metatag that instructs mobile Safari to hide it, but that doesn't make sense.

Correct, there is. Well, I think so, anyway. Basically, you can load a page (even if it is a long one) normally which keeps the address bar in view, or with some fancy coding, you can make the "start point" of the view window of the page to not include the address bar height, assuming the page is long enough.

To see what I mean, for the iPhone users out there (and would be interested what the Androiders see as well :)) go to this address, which is on my company's website:

http://www.xclusive.com.au/!phone/iNdex.asp

It is still under development so you will get errors unless you try ONLY the following:

Home Page - Notice how all clickables are finger friendly.
Scroll to bottom and enter "Eye Candy" in nicely sized search box and then click on the nicely sized search button. :)
Again, notice address bar sliding away, and links to products being nicely spread out for finger-friendly clicking.
Click on one of the products.
Notice the size of the picture and fonts - All sized to be immediately readable, not too small, not too large, and only need vertical scrolling to get to it all, if needed.

Not sure if mobile banking is as popular in the UK as it is here, but give this site a go on your mobile device: www.anz.com
I consider this my "reference site" for mobile development. Very easy to navigate, big finger friendly clickables. Slides away the address bar. Nice colouring and contouring. Properly sized text without zooming or side-scrolling. Just perfect.

And no, my iPhone is not broken. :)

Cheers,
Mark

--
Red XIII
Australia

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36924.31 In reply to 36924.26 

Tested on my iPhone,

You can pinch to zoom, double tap doesn't autofit which is where XIII could be going on about.

Mobile site works without issue, full site renders ok, but there is a loss of scrollbars which is browser specific, annoying yes, liveable certainly.

"I mean...wtf is with that generic man/baby's face on the background?" "It's my face dammit. My beautiful face." - J Allard

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Just for the record I've used the Lite Mode since it first came out and I think it's evolved into a very clever interface displaying a lot of info but not in a cluttered way. Works perfect on a Nexus One anyway.

Roses are bollocks, Violets are crud, I hate bloody flowers, And much prefer mud.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
36924.33 In reply to 36924.32 
I concur.

"Legs up" variants involve the woman raising her legs. These were exceptionally popular in Ancient Greece and were commonly depicted on Attic pottery of the Classical Period. The conspiring women in Aristophanes' Lysistrata likely refer to it when they take an oath "not to lift high their Persian slippers" (οὐ πρὸς τὸν ὄροφον ἀνατενῶ τὼ Περσικά ou pros ton orophon anateuō tō Persika). In one variant, the woman may lift and slightly bend her legs, resting her feet flat on the mattress. This shortens the distance between the vagina and cervix, and it can place more friction on the G-spot.[citation needed] The woman may find this more comfortable than the standard position, and it can allow her to push against the man's thrust, giving her some control over the rhythm.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
36924.34 In reply to 36924.33 
(I also use it at work, cos it looks less skive-y :$ (even though IE6 isn't it's biggest fan, throwing up JS errors all over the place. But then it does that with almost all pages these days. Including the internal IE error pages (fail) ))

"Legs up" variants involve the woman raising her legs. These were exceptionally popular in Ancient Greece and were commonly depicted on Attic pottery of the Classical Period. The conspiring women in Aristophanes' Lysistrata likely refer to it when they take an oath "not to lift high their Persian slippers" (οὐ πρὸς τὸν ὄροφον ἀνατενῶ τὼ Περσικά ou pros ton orophon anateuō tō Persika). In one variant, the woman may lift and slightly bend her legs, resting her feet flat on the mattress. This shortens the distance between the vagina and cervix, and it can place more friction on the G-spot.[citation needed] The woman may find this more comfortable than the standard position, and it can allow her to push against the man's thrust, giving her some control over the rhythm.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 36924.35 deleted 22 May 2015 12:58 by 53NORTH

36924.36 In reply to 36924.1 

Anyone else having issues accessing m.teh from Android?

The other weekend (Sunday after teh meat) my phone decided that it didn't like m.teh anymore, claiming that the page contains 'Too many server redirects'. It did previously work fine.

Did some digging on google and it seems quite a lot of people have experienced the problem, and it's almost always with sites/addresses that worked fine previously, and then randomly stopped working. So far there doesn't seem to be any fix for it, though.

www.tehforum.co.uk/forum/llogon.php still works fine though, so anyone having the issue with m.teh can still get in that way.

GIVE ME MEAT! :@ msg:37418.1
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36924.37 In reply to 36924.36 
Sfine here in 2.1 stock browser. Tried in Skyfire or Dolphin browser?

Roses are bollocks, Violets are crud, I hate bloody flowers, And much prefer mud.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mouse     
36924.38 In reply to 36924.37 

Nope, didn't bother trying in other browsers. A few folk online I looked said they'd tried Dolphin and it made no difference.

I think i may be down to network operators too, though. Perhaps Vodafone putting in extra redirects for their caching and image ruining and stuff.

GIVE ME MEAT! :@ msg:37418.1
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36924.39 In reply to 36924.36 
No issues for me, though I'm only lite because the full fast version seems to lock dolphin up
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

36924.40 In reply to 36924.36 

HTC Desire on O2. Android 2.1 stock using the standard browser and its working fine for me!

Actually I'm on wifi at the moment so probably no use to you.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  41–42

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats