SoftwareVideo Playback

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Right, well, what am I after? It's very late and I have to bang my head on the desk to make it work properly and be able to explain what I want to do.

Ok, here goes: Got my PC connected up to my TV. Basically, what I want to be able to do is to stretch DivX and XviD movies vertically (can do exactly what I want in the DivX codec properties by selecting 16:9, but not XviD) so that they fit properly on my widescreen TV without having to select any mode apart from "wide."

Been using "Cinema" mode for ages, it stretches a 4:3 widescreen letterbox image to fill up the screen (if that makes sense I have no idea, but I know what I mean) but it produces lines over the image, and while playing around with TVTool recently, I found I can get better quality image by using Wide and fitting the video to the screen properly.

Anyway, I'm just rambling now, this post could probably have been a lot shorter, so I think I'll stop typing now.

Thanks to anyone who may offer me some help.

Ta

Chrissssssssssssssssssssss
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)     
805.2 In reply to 805.1 
The DivX player (the one that comes with the codec) will let you choose any aspect ratio for playback. It doesn't seen to play XviD though :(
----------------
The summary on the back of the video for "Nina Hartley's Guide to Anal Sex" promises "Your anus will always listen to your heart, not your mind."
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  dude55     
805.3 In reply to 805.2 
I've already tried that too. Damn thing! Works lovely jubbly for DivX videos, but not XviD. What I need is some generic AVI player that can select multiple aspect ratios, or something.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

805.4 In reply to 805.2 
Typed "AVI player aspect ratio" into Google, and ZoomPlayer, hopefully, will do what I want. Just need to get it onto my other PC now. Wish me luck.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

805.5 In reply to 805.3 
Well good luck, you can also try BSplayer, there's a whole list of them on divxdigest.
----------------
The summary on the back of the video for "Nina Hartley's Guide to Anal Sex" promises "Your anus will always listen to your heart, not your mind."
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

805.6 In reply to 805.5 
Well, what can I say, apart from "jizzzzzz"
<br><br>
I <i>finally</i> have everything working exactly the way I want it to. TVTool's stretched out the image to the edges of the TV, and Zoom Player has sorted out all aspect ratio problems I was having, so I am very happy!

Yaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyy!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 805.7 was deleted

To:  Mr (M00RL0CK)     
805.8 In reply to 805.7 
Ah, good, thank you very much.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Message 805.9 was deleted

805.10 In reply to 805.6 
Had I been awake, I'd have said Zoom Player.

HTH.

Jack 10 9 of all most some trades, master of none.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Rowan     
805.11 In reply to 805.10 
I'll go back in time, and say it earlier in the day, then you can say that and be very hepful indeed.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

805.12 In reply to 805.11 
Cheers. I like to help.

Jack 10 9 of all most some trades, master of none.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

805.13 In reply to 805.6 
I do seem to like saying "finally" when I get things working.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–13

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats