Music, Film, TV & BooksIndiana Jones and Another Dumb MacGuffin (2023)

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Indiana essays Da Vinci Code levels of tedium, with biffage.

"Man admits freezing leg of alleged ‘eunuch maker’ who was accused of broadcasting live castrations"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42960.2 In reply to 42960.1 
You didn't enjoy it? 

With the exception of Logan, I'd be hard-pressed to name many (any?) films directed by James Mangold. He's working with a strong cast, but that's no guarantee of success. What did you hate: story, direction, acting, everything?

Temple of Doom has had something of a resurgence in acclaim over recent years, but I think it's awful. That had a great cast and director, scriptwriters with American Graffiti under their belts, and they still came up with a stinker (IMHO). 

I think Raiders of the Lost Ark was great. All the follow ups (that I've seen) have their moments and good points, but don't match it. TOD would have been better made by American International or one of those other production companies that churned out low budget TV fodder. Doug McClure wouldn't have cost nearly as much.

In retrospect, a bit unfair on Doug McClure who wasn't a terrible actor.

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42960.3 In reply to 42960.2 
It was about an hour too long, needlessly (in terms of exposition) filled out with repetitive bouts of pugilism, chase scenes. and improbable stunts, very much in the Bond, Mission Impossible, etc., etc. mold. Also Nazis, Indy's ex, and a cute, devoted and energetic (etc., etc.) young PoC. Suffice to say, a lot of ideas tossed into the cement mixer. There was some cool ancient history stuff in very well-done CGI (as one might expect, given its pedigree). Apart from being way too long, and me losing patience during the long middle, and again during the long, drawn-out ending, I did enjoy the rest well enough.
"Man admits freezing leg of alleged ‘eunuch maker’ who was accused of broadcasting live castrations"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42960.4 In reply to 42960.3 
HAH!

That's a complete description of how I imagined it would be.

I was struck by your mention of "Indy's ex". I wondered about this when she was cast in the Crystal Skull thing. I thought then that they wouldn't make this particularly romantic because she didn't look 20 any more. They didn't. So how do they deal with it? Is it possible that Indy can have feelings for somebody who actually looks as though she's in her 70s, ie like Karen Allen actually is - NINE YEARS YOUNGER than Indy.

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–4

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats