Idle Chit ChatSpam

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  william (WILLIAMA)      
42958.3 In reply to 42958.1 
I would imagine the influx of loan offer scams is a consequence of cost-of-living crisis, aka Cossie Livs. Those who are most affected by Cossie Livs are most likely going to be the most vulnerable and possibly also the most taken-in by this kind of scam and the scammers know it. 

It's a bit like scammers who target Facebook and the less tech-savvy individuals (often older people, unfortunately) by cloning accounts and then messaging all the original accounts friends asking them to help them out with money or something else they need.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)      
42958.4 In reply to 42958.1 
I have stupid amounts of spam routed directly into my spam folder which I never look at except in case something was wrongly labelled. Once in a while I have to manually flag a new one. I get way too many newsletters which I do not want but am too lazy etc.
"Man admits freezing leg of alleged ‘eunuch maker’ who was accused of broadcasting live castrations"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42958.5 In reply to 42958.4 
Yeah, I think it was the increase in volume plus the focus that alerted me. It's died down to around 15 or so per day on my hotmail address. I suppose a list from some website, account, subscription, free offer, whatever, in the last few years, has snagged me. It'll end eventually.

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Matt     
42958.6 In reply to 42958.3 
Not surprised. I remember reading that phishers sometimes deliberately make errors of grammar etc. Smart arses like me may say "that's a fake right there" but sometimes the very people who are desperate for help won't. I'm being weeded out as a waste of time because I'm not the target.

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–6

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats