GeneralCovid

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Fuckity fuck.

Dodged it for 2.5 years but finally failed the pregnancy test.

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42905.2 In reply to 42905.1 
We reckon we both had it (again) about a month ago. Short but nasty. Mrs.D tested neg., I didn't bother.
"“He was listening to those conspiracy kind of videos and it was dumb as hell. I tried to look at some of these videos and I can’t even listen to them, it’s so dumb. Lizard people and aliens."
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42905.3 In reply to 42905.2 
Myself and Mrs WilliamA been feeling a bit shitty for about a week but both tested negative. Son tested positive on Tuesday but apart from one day with sniffles and a cough he's been fine. In fact, he went camping over the weekend. I tested positive this morning, Mrs WmA still negative but it seems pretty clear that she's got it too. Not feeling too bad tbh, just generally crappy plus a cough. Probably brought back by our son from work where he has delivery drivers going through his office every day, but not much he can do about it.

Still a huge number of cases here, hospitals overcrowded etc. but you'd never know from the meeja. As far as the govt and their meeja cheerleaders go, the whole Johnson response was a howling success and there's no Covid here now.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42905.4 In reply to 42905.3 
The hospital situation here is pretty dire. People are dying in ambulances backed up at Emergency. A lot of nurses are quitting, or going to agencies for a pay raise. Mrs.D had a nasty fall out on the sidewalk last week which she should probably have been checked for concussion, but not much point in even trying. Scary times.
"“He was listening to those conspiracy kind of videos and it was dumb as hell. I tried to look at some of these videos and I can’t even listen to them, it’s so dumb. Lizard people and aliens."
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42905.5 In reply to 42905.1 
I copped for it for the first time in July. Can't remember if I posted about it on Teh. The morning after I tested positive, I fainted twice and was ambulanced to hospital. Discharged myself in the small hours cos they moved me from a solo suite to a ward including an old guy who was very confused & wandering the ward in distress.

The fainting was interesting. Haven't had it before, except as a child on a parade ground in Pakistan (so go figure). I think it was entirely Covid-related.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42905.6 In reply to 42905.5 
I'm still yet to catch it (that I know of), so is the wife. Quite surprising as I've been on a few flights in the past year or so, and she's a Uni lecturer regularly surrounded by students...
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42905.7 In reply to 42905.5 
That sounds a bit scary. It has a bewildering range and variety of symptoms. My brother, fully vaccinated, caught it and is still having trouble getting about 4 months after testing negative. Other people have no symptoms whatsoever. There's loss of taste and smell (although to be fair I've had that with colds quite often), some people with internal organs destroyed, strokes and heart-attacks, slight sniffles and a bit of a headache, all very odd.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dave!!     
42905.8 In reply to 42905.6 
Yes, it is very curious. I know a couple of people who haven't changed their lives at all: public transport across London every working day, even going to work during lockdown, working amongst crowds of people, and not so much as a cough.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
In more "covid is weird" data, I have a friend who got long covid pretty badly, I think caught around the time of the first UK wave. Then he recently got it again and once he'd recovered from that, the lingering long covid effects seem to have gone! I'd scarcely believe it if I hadn't seen him.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     Rich     
42905.10 In reply to 42905.9 
Sounds like Rich Stokoe's experience. Well, the first bit. Not sure if he's had it a second time, but I do remember him talking about the second infection long-covid "cure". He's probably running around Newcastle licking people/things trying to get infected again.

So far both Rebecca and I have avoided it, but my sister in-law Sarah and her family have recently been hit with it and Rebecca and Sarah work together in the same school, so it's only time before it turns up here.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–10

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats