TechnicalOutlook in Gmail App

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Who uses Windows and Android? I use Android devices, and set up my [work] Outlook 365 account in the Gmail app on my tablet and phone a few years ago (start of the WFH thang). Dead easy, and works like a charm. Until coupla days ago, when Gmail started asking for my Outlook credentials and basically won't accept the old, previously working credentials, or anything else. I have the Outlook app installed on both devices, and they have no problem with the exact same credentials but I'd rather not load a separate mail client, especially a resource hog like Outlook, when one will do.

Here's what I've tried:

User -- my outlook email
Password -- as above ^^^
Domain\Username: my outlook email (also tried mydomain\myemail)
Server: outlook.office365.com
Port: 443 (also tried 993)
Security: SSL/TLS

Yeah, those are the credentials that have worked fine for the last two+ years, until Monday.

AFAICT both devices have permission to access the account in Outlook settings.

I feel somethings changed and either Microsoft doesn't want to play nice with rivals, or some it's ham-handed new security dictat they 'forgot' to notify users about, because Google.

(erm)
"International student-turned-YouTube star has advice for others coming to Canada"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42876.2 In reply to 42876.1 
Yeah, I use both, but not in that configuration. So haven't had the problem. That said, I only use the gmail app on my phone for gmail -- so the problem wouldn't appear. Microsoft have been trying to steer all users at any level to using an MS account for several years. 

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42876.3 In reply to 42876.2 
I managed to get it back by trial-and-error switching from an Exchange account (which Outlook 365 surely is), to a personal IMAP account where I didn't have to manually set it up. So perhaps MS is trying to steer enterprise customers away from gmail.
"International student-turned-YouTube star has advice for others coming to Canada"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–3

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats