HardwarePrinters

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42872.18 In reply to 42872.17 
Most of the big commercial photo printers use very high quality inkjet or die-sublimation printers these days. Send your holiday snaps off in the post, or online, and that's where they'll end up. I strongly suspect that throwing away is a feature of these as opposed to cleaning.

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42872.19 In reply to 42872.18 
I suspect in the low end, clogging is a feature not a bug.
"International student-turned-YouTube star has advice for others coming to Canada"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42872.20 In reply to 42872.19 
At the very low end it's practically a free printer with every year's worth of ink. My printer isn't far off the bottom of the price range. I think I paid about £65 (100 CAD) for it, but a full set of inks from Canon is around £76 (for the large size). The printer gets quite a lot of use and I change the cartridges about 4 times a year, more for the black cartridges (it has 2) so if I was daft enough to stick with Canon ink I'd be spending maybe £350/year on ink. Which is why companies like HP have free starter subscriptions to their ink supply service. I'll be interested to see how the new "tank" models work out long term and how prone to clogging the print heads are.

So yeah, if the heads clog and I can't clean them, that's money in the bank for Canon/Epson/HP/Brother or whoever. 

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Late to the party --

https://www.nytimes.com/wirecutter/reviews/best-all-in-one-printer/

(sub or Remove Paywalls browser add-on)
"I’m sure you’ll celebrate by kicking a dog or punching a baby … or whatever terrible people do for fun!!!!!"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats