HardwareAdjustable arm multi-monitor stands

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
I'm trying to figure out if/how I can rearrange screens/etc, so looked up dual monitor stands/clamps and was surprised to find prices in the ~£50-200 region, checked other websites and found similar prices.

That seems a lot, and second hand would probably be fine... so I check eBay and plenty of options priced £20-30 new, with a variety of simple/complex stands, and I'm not seeing any "this was cheap crap" reviews, so wondering if I'm missing something?

Does anyone here have adjustable multi-monitor arms/stands/clamps/etc? Are you happy with them? Were they cheap/expensive? Anything in particular to look out for or avoid?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
42857.2 In reply to 42857.1 
I'm not sure what we have in the office, but they're the single-vertical-column-with-two-horizontal-arms kind, and the arms have a few joints in them to help angle the monitors.
They might be this:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/234439103851?epid=19031188092&hash=item3695a8d56b:g:3awAAOSwt8Jdr-9G

They're fine EXCEPT that adjusting the height involves loosening a bolt (with an Allen key) and sliding the arm assembly up or down, which is really a two-person job. Not ideal for our hot-desk environment - I've got a selection of favoured desks where the monitors are at the right height for me.

At home I've got two Ergotron Neo-Flex arms, like this:
https://www.ebuyer.com/276499-ergotron-neo-flex-45-174-300-lcd-arm-45-174-300

They're better at being height-adjustable, but can be a bit annoying to get perfectly lined up, especially because I think they're not really designed to be against a wall, which my desk is. They're also not cheap, but that wasn't an issue for me as I acquired them for a nominal charity donation when we moved office (yeah, we had to cheap out on the monitor stands in the new office, but we've now got beer and wine fridges, so it all works out). I suppose you might find office surplus places might have this kind of thing for cheap.

It's probably the sort of thing you really need to try out. (Or at least, watch videos of other people trying out - is Monitor Stand YouTube a thing?)

Kenny
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42857.3 In reply to 42857.1 
Is having an easy height adjustable stand something you need?

If that's not a deal breaker, I've had two stands from this brand on Amazon

One was that two armed stand which I've stuck on my WFH desk, and I've had a three armed stand from them for the gaming PC. While both have been rock solid, I'm pretty damned happy with the latter, I've got 3 fairly weighty monitors bolted to it and not a hint of sagging or droopage.

As Kenny said it usually takes an allen key and someone to help to get things aligned properly.

In terms of cost, there's an inflated market price out there for branded kit that has no discernible benefit over the cheaper option (like with most things :C )

How much moving around are you likely to be doing with your screens? Is it a setup that you can leave in situ once it's in place or are you going to be adjusting depending on whatever task you're up to?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
42857.4 In reply to 42857.3 
I've a single monitor stand by 'Invision' and it seems alright in an unremarkable way, I don't think I paid much for it. Stays where I put it, certainly.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42857.5 In reply to 42857.1 
quote: milko
I've a single monitor stand by 'Invision' and it seems alright in an unremarkable way, I don't think I paid much for it. Stays where I put it, certainly.

I also have 2x Invision mounts - I looked them up and I paid literally £30 for each back in 2017 and they're still fine.

These ones, that are a bit more now:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0765Y4CT5/ref=pe_3187911_185740111_TE_item

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
42857.6 In reply to 42857.4 
Piles of books/magazines here.
Thanks for listening to my TED talk, "Anyone who tells you we have any idea how the fuck computers work is a liar"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42857.7 In reply to 42857.6 
Ah, I'm on a super-shallow desk at the moment, I needed to get the base up and off there! I used to have my work monitor up on a HTML 4 and a Macromedia Director book to get it up to height, best use I could come up with.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Thanks all! :)

Once height is adjustable initially, it's not something I'll need to change, so one of those T shape ones should be sufficient.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42857.9 In reply to 42857.1 
I've got this triple monitor stand.
Wanted it to be stand alone rather than attached to the desk.
It's heavy, chunky and obviously has a lot of adjustment points, but it's good and does the job once you've got it setup. Happily holds 3 x 24" screens

https://www.vonhaus.com/vh_en/triple-monitor-mount-stand
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–9

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats