HardwarePCs are a pain

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42844.10 In reply to 42844.8 
Yeah, looking around t'interweb, it seems to be a "thing". Thing is, this drive has now passed a ten hour checkdsk scan and an almost as long SMART scan (HDDScan), and it works perfectly in two different SATA slots on a different, newer, PC. As far as I know, it's only in the old PC with it's 11 year old mobo that it can't be seen. But that said, 4 other drives and a DVD drive work fine, in any slot. So there's obviously something about this particular HDD that stops it shaking hands. And it's something that happened over the weekend.

I've stuck on the latest BIOS and chipset drivers, but without any improvement. It's working OK through USB, and there's a card in a PCIE slot giving USB3 with a spare socket, so I'll mount it inside but connect it via USB.

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
42844.11 In reply to 42844.9 
Yeah, that is SOOO annoying and a real issue with Windows: the way one misbehaving process can hang or crash the entire OS, and there's no way to kill it.

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–11

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats