Idle Chit Chat3D Printers

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
42780.9 In reply to 42780.8 
Perhaps he should have gone for a kit in the first place. I'm getting a bit disillusioned with products that don't work properly without modding or fixing, even though they're supposed to. I mean, I understand the attraction (and frustration) of DIY. I've written enough programs and built enough computers over the years. For instance, if somebody markets a £400 3D printer, I wouldn't expect it to be remotely as fragile as his is turning out to be. I'd also expect it to work reliably once set up. 

I have similar misgivings about the Topaz Video enhancement thing I've been playing with lately. I can't get over the feeling that it's really an alpha release. Once or twice I've had spectacular results. Nine times out of ten I could probably have achieved superior results with the various open source stuff that's been about for ages. Me with my fiddling/modding head on says that it's fine; I don't mind spending a day or eight trying over and over. My sensible head says "why am I not getting what's promised on the box?" 

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)      
42780.10 In reply to 42780.9 
Anyway, right now I am doing my impression of Cat from Red Dwarf as I try to set up a VOIP connection on my shiny new Zen internet. Mainly it involves going "What's that?" to every instruction and explanation.

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42780.11 In reply to 42780.9 
Agree, if I'd paid £400 I'd want it to work nicely with just some calibration.

Think mine was around £150-200 5 years ago
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42780.12 In reply to 42780.1 
Finally got round to setting up the Creality Ender 5 Pro today, influenced by my desire to print replica bullets for my recently acquired Johnny Seven OMA toy gun. It's a slick machine, quieter than my previous Flashforge Pro, and higher res.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–12

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats