Idle Chit ChatZen internet (& others)

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
42775.10 In reply to 42775.5 
I had/have their 200 mbit service. There is a huge improvement for usenet, but no, for most things no big difference. Thing is, Zen offered the 900+ thing for the same price as Virgin's 200+, so why not?

I still have Virgin until 16 May and I'm quite attracted by the prospect of Northern Exposure, 115 episodes, around 460GB.

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)      
42775.11 In reply to 42775.1 
I recently did the Virgin cancelation dance and ended up upgrading to their gigabit service. The new hub thing seems, so far, a chunk more reliable than the SUPER hub 3 I had before.

We live in a wee village so I'm not spoiled for choice when it comes to ISPs - I believe there's FTTC through openreach, but I cut my BT phoneline down as it was annoying me and so now it just terminates by being tied round a branch on my apple tree. Virgin Media cabled the village about 5 years ago (we've been here 3), so it's all shiny new fibre to the premises stuff. And as there's only about 2k people in the village, contention ratios have never been much of an issue.

Shame about the upload speed, though: Gigabit down, 50 meg up  T_T

▪                    
             ┌────┐    ┌────┐                      
          │    │    │    │ ▪                    
          │    └────┘    │                      
          │   ──┐  ┌──   │ ▪                    
   ┌──────┤    ▪    ▪    │                      
  ┌┘      │              │ ▪                    
┌─┤       └──┐  │  │  ┌──┘                      
│ │          │ ││  ││ │   ┌─┐                   
│ │          └─┼┤  └┴─┴───┘ │                   
│ │           ─┘│           │                   
│ │   ┌──────┐  └┬──────────┘                   
  │   │      │   │                              
  │   │      │   │                              
  └───┘      └───┘                              
If Feds call you and say something bad on me, it may prove what I said are truth, they are afraid of it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)      
42775.12 In reply to 42775.10 
If you're stuck for seeders let me know, I have them all downloaded - although I'm not convinced they've got the right soundtrack (licensing issues meant many of the home format releases of the show had shitty musak instead of the real stuff). Should probably check that at some point....

▪                    
             ┌────┐    ┌────┐                      
          │    │    │    │ ▪                    
          │    └────┘    │                      
          │   ──┐  ┌──   │ ▪                    
   ┌──────┤    ▪    ▪    │                      
  ┌┘      │              │ ▪                    
┌─┤       └──┐  │  │  ┌──┘                      
│ │          │ ││  ││ │   ┌─┐                   
│ │          └─┼┤  └┴─┴───┘ │                   
│ │           ─┘│           │                   
│ │   ┌──────┐  └┬──────────┘                   
  │   │      │   │                              
  │   │      │   │                              
  └───┘      └───┘                              
If Feds call you and say something bad on me, it may prove what I said are truth, they are afraid of it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
42775.13 In reply to 42775.12 
There was a blu-ray remaster with all the original music (oddly enough produced for the UK market not the US). Somebody left all 110 episodes lying around on usenet. 

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  koswix     
42775.14 In reply to 42775.11 
If Virgin had offered a Gbit connection for the same price, I'd have been completely happy to stay with them. Their cable internet was fine at 200 Mbits, but they were 100% set to exploit the "fastest show in town" act with loads of stuff I didn't want. When I asked for a breakdown of the bill, which was hitting a £100 per month, they completely played the "it's complicated" card so I thought, fuck it, let's just get rid of it all.

Be interested to know what the GBit service costs, because they quoted me £50 for the 500Mbit service and £60 something for the Gbit service (when it's available)...although, fair enough, they admitted they weren't going to beat the £40 Zen price.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–14

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats