Music, Film, TV & BooksAnimal Kingdom (2010) TWR

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42751.6 In reply to 42751.5 
I'm not putting him down - even some really great actors have done shitty stuff now and then. In fact, after his soap opera days I first saw him in The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert and was absolutely blown away by how good he was.

Anyway, looking at his IMDB history he's never been short of top roles in big films, so he must be doing something right.

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42751.7 In reply to 42751.6 
It's quite an interesting film, with a fine back story. I was speculating Pearce was brought on board for the international marquee, and he was either a producer, or was doing someone a favour, as he did kind of dial it in (maybe he was involved in another project at the time, and could only spare so much of his). He wasn't a producer, and the rest remains speculative.

Another possibility is the writer-director wanted to contrast middle-class mores with those of the underworld (the titular animal kingdom) -- this also accounts for the plot significance of a crime girlfriend's family swept up in the ensuing mayhem.

Anyway, some odd little things occur, almost on the level of the starbucks cup in Game of Thrones, that heighten the disconnect between Pearce's role and his odd passivity.

Allegedly Quentin Tarentino's "third favourite film of 2010".  :-{)
"a show where participants put diamante necklaces on poodles seems like a step too far"
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–7

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats