Music, Film, TV & BooksShadow on the Cloud

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Bonkers microbudget actioner forges feminist kickassery from Hollywood abuser's script.

https://youtu.be/WC_GI988MB4

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42743.2 In reply to 42743.1 
The trailer looks pretty big budget, but maybe that's the magic of cgi that's accessible to any 12-yo with a mid-level gaming rig and bittorrent.

CGM is my everlasting cinema Goddess because Kick-Ass and also Dark Shadows, and, and, and ... Shit man, any kid that can steal scenes from Nicholas Motherfucking Cage has got something goin' on.
"Watch Colorful Paint Smash into Artist’s Face in Super Slow Motion"
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42743.3 In reply to 42743.1 
Wowzer! I knew Landis had a Weinstein-type reputation, but I didn't realise how bad it was/is until I read this article after seeing your post: linky

(that's a wayback link to avoid the pay wall)

Sexual abuser seems far too kind a description after reading about him.

Edit: it also appears that although Max Landis is credited as a screenwriter, the script was rewritten several times (whatever that means) by director Roseanne Liang, who is also credited, after Landis was removed from the project. He was also removed as a producer. Not sure what "rewriting" achieves unless it was a duff script to start with or Landis had included sexually explicit scenes which were cut out.

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42743.4 In reply to 42743.3 
Nasty, nasty, nasty. Whatever the genesis, it's ended up as a fiery feminist fable (albeit daft bollocks). The final image is a corker. I'm sure it was a deliberate poke in his eye.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42743.5 In reply to 42743.4 
Jim sent me a copy yesterday. Looking forward to watching.

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42743.6 In reply to 42743.5 
Get your beer & Maltesers ready.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42743.7 In reply to 42743.6 
Red wine and microwave popcorn for me, which I'm not sure was the greatest of combos, but that's a discussion for another day. I enjoyed it, although I fear that having taken on ACTUAL origin-of-the-term Gremlins in this, there's scope for a sequel where Chloe Grace Moretz takes on ACTAL origin-of-the-term-and-Dave-Grohl-better-fuck-off-nicest-guy-in-rock-or-not Foo Fighters.

Kenny
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–7

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats