GeneralGeForce RTX 3070

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Dave!!     
42669.9 In reply to 42669.7 
I had a recent flurry of leap-frogging bits over each other for the sake of my Vive performance, and now my 1070(bog standard) is probably the laggardly component. But upgrading to a Ryzen 3800X (which necessitated upgrading the mobo to a Gigabyte X570 UD, which in turn led to a Gallic shrug and replacing O.L.D. Ram with 16gb (tbh) Viper Steel 3600MHz DDR4 (RAM compensates for its dreariness by outrageously butching up its nomenclature)) was probably less significant overall than swapping from a middling SSD C Drive to NVMe.

I've got two obvious bottlenecks now: the 1070 and my HDD drive (significant, because Steam lives there). The HDD replacement would have to be a 2tb NVMe, which would make my eyes water a bit; but less so than upgrading the GPU. Of course, flogging the old components offsets the costs a bit.

And then, of course, there's the fucking Valve Index winking saucily at me from the wings...

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–9

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats