HardwareBig Display for PC+TV Me Do

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42620.6 In reply to 42620.1 
Definitely keep them separate. I think if you're looking at anything above 24" up close it needs to be above 1920 x 1080.

My 24" screens are 1920 x 1080 and some days I think I'd like them to be higher res/pixel density because I do sometimes notice it. More so when I go from my laptop which is 13.3" 1920 x 1080 to desktop.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
42620.7 In reply to 42620.6 
Yeah I wish I had an hdpi desktop display since being spoiled by a 27" imac at work. Probably won't buy one because $$$.
“a man gets struck by lightning and goes “zzzt”, Jason gets shot and dies and the submarine blows up.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
The upshot is we bought a bog-standard 'business model' LG 1080p display, albeit with 1 ms. response (dunno why, mine is the far more typical 5-ms). At first I was disappointed by the image quality though it seems adequate for desktop computing stuff. For MrsD. it was love at first sight and I did not express my photo-centric misgivings. The OSD controller is very odd. It's the tiniest little wobbly controller stick you could imagine, stuck under the display frame. Small, but mighty. Once I worked out the wobble combos, assisted by on screen instructions, I tuned it to "cinema" mode for movie watching, and it turns out to be very, very good for that and coupled with MrsD.'s 2.1 speakers, blows our old motel CRT television out of the water for both streamed (which the tv don't do) and dvds.
“If you want your resume to stand out, you need accomplishments.”

“Various unpleasant jobs using programming languages I didn't like. Fixed a few things and moved some trivial features forward slightly. Quit in a huff. Hire me!”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42620.9 In reply to 42620.8 
Nice new kit feeling! And has the Wife Acceptance Factor.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
42620.10 In reply to 42620.9 
We will probably go for a bigger flat screen tv eventually, but this should do for a while.
“If you want your resume to stand out, you need accomplishments.”

“Various unpleasant jobs using programming languages I didn't like. Fixed a few things and moved some trivial features forward slightly. Quit in a huff. Hire me!”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–10

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats