GeneralWhat are we all doing for a living?

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
I'm at my 15th year working for Timpson in a workshop, what was originally a graphic/CAD type job has slowly transitioned into a dogs body laser engraver, house & business sign maker. A lot of my time is spent making vinyl signs. I want a career change as I'm bored silly, but the job is fairly easy with decent hours :/
drag.gif
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Woggy     
42608.62 In reply to 42608.61 
Hello Woggy!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS      
42608.63 In reply to 42608.62 
Hello Ant  :-) , just decided to log on for the first time in a long time, took me a few seconds to remember the url 
drag.gif
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42608.64 In reply to 42608.61 
With the sign making do you offer any sort of proof reading for the client, or would you make a sign verbatim no matter the spelling/grammar they present you with?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42608.65 In reply to 42608.61 
Eyup Woggy. Brew?

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
42608.66 In reply to 42608.64 
We usually contact the customer if we spot something, but stuff does slip through. Also customer insist on having things a certain way, even when it's incorrect, so we're usually always second guessing ourselves
drag.gif
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42608.67 In reply to 42608.65 
Alreet Steve, don't mind if I go
drag.gif
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Evening all. Glad to hear everyone is safe and well for the most part, and I've really enjoyed reading where everyone is these days.

I currently find myself as a Development Manager and Head of Solution Architecture at a Newcastle-based gambling platform company with over 40 poor sods relying on me to keep them busy and look after their welfare. We've unexpectedly won a bid to take over the 4th largest lottery in the world, which goes live in August. So things are a bit... hectic. Before this I've been pretty lucky to be honest while working as a Developer and then as an Architect which allowed me to see some bits of the world I'd never have expected to see.

I still haven't got a fucking clue how to get a printer to work mind.
richstokoe.com
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I lecture med students relentlessly, think long and hard about things, and occasionally talk about these things to people.

I mourn the decline of epic signatures
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Mr (M00RL0CK)     
42608.70 In reply to 42608.69 
Are you still living in Reichenburg? 
never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42608.71 In reply to 42608.70 
Apparently yes. As is one of my colleagues, thanks to some of our students.

I mourn the decline of epic signatures
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

Wow cracking thread - a few names in here I often wonder about. Lovely to see Xen still alive. Oddly enough Facebook seems to be coming full circle with more and more people dropping off - I wonder if we'll see some return to traditional forums.

I actually logged in because I think none other than the Luke Redpath liked post I made on Facebook

Like all of us, at some point I became massively fucking old and I'm now in my sixth year as a freelance contractor focusing on Citrix, with the usual dabbling of Microsoft and virtual stuff.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

How are you sports/gambling people doing now we have SPORT back in our lives?
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42608.74 In reply to 42608.73 
just insanely busy and stressed. Hate it.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
42608.75 In reply to 42608.74 
How many of the 20 PL grounds are you involved with?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42608.76 In reply to 42608.73 
Mrs WmA bought me a Switch for my 64th so I've been playing insane amounts of Mario Odyssey. Does that count? Also there's snooker on the telly again.
never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42608.77 In reply to 42608.75 
Depends on what level you mean, but we work with all of them to at least some degree. Directly as in our company spends time inside them on the reg, I'd say about 7, maybe another 3 that we're quite close with. Plus Wembley.

LOL the cricket and rugby will start soon too, aaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42608.78 In reply to 42608.76 
Animal Crossing seems to be the in thing now.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
42608.79 In reply to 42608.77 
I guess everyone wants everything NOW. More games in a shorter space of time?
3 months of not working then back into the deep end.

Working from home is getting to me again, but both do and don't want to return to the office.
Do because I need the interaction.
Don't because there's still a pandemic.

Our CEO was bold enough to say a while ago that he doesn't see a full office return across the group until there's a vaccine. Still expecting there to be some push in the coming month or so though.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42608.80 In reply to 42608.79 
Venue teams want everything earlier than normal. Commercial teams want to brief it in later than normal. The rock and the hard place have me in the middle. Some of them are just arseholes with no consideration of what they're asking I think emails at 5pm saying "here is a brief, can we see it today please" and things like that. Or asking for LED systems to be on and running at 6am the next morning (again at about 5pm for the request) and then chasing it for an answer within minutes. Cunts!

Can you maybe visit the office once or twice? I have found that a bit of interaction goes a long way - and also reinforces the realisation of how much affected we've been under the isolation.

We aren't renewing our London office lease when it comes up in September. I think at some point we'll get another one, smaller and nicer, but we'll never go back to having everyone in every day.

milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  41–60  61–80  81–100  …  181–183

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats