Project Beehive ForumNew user registration error

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Hello, long time no post, etc.

We've set up a new forum recently, but if anyone tries to register, they get an error message. The error log says:
[19-Mar-2020 15:29:06 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; html_frame has a deprecated constructor in /home/human852/public_html/forum/include/html.inc.php on line 1001
[19-Mar-2020 15:29:06 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  __autoload() is deprecated, use spl_autoload_register() instead in /home/human852/public_html/forum/include/htmlpurifier/HTMLPurifier.autoload.php on line 17
[19-Mar-2020 15:29:07 UTC] PHP Deprecated:  Methods with the same name as their class will not be constructors in a future version of PHP; rss_feed_item has a deprecated constructor in /home/human852/public_html/forum/include/rss_feed.inc.php on line 33
Tried a few things to resolve the issue, but no luck. Any assistance greatly appreciated!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Jo (JELLS)     
42582.2 In reply to 42582.1 
Deprecation is supposed to only be a warning, but it looks like PHP can be configured to treat it as an error.

https://www.php.net/manual/en/errorfunc.configuration.php#ini.error-reporting

That documentation suggests it's not the default behaviour, so if you can change the PHP ini file to make sure it has some variation of "E_ALL & ~E_DEPRECATED" then that might solve it, otherwise you may need to use the equivalent function, which probably only needs to go in an include file that gets included by each request.

If that doesn't work, it should be possible to edit the code to resolve the mentioned issues, but I'm not familiar enough with PHP and don't have anything setup at the moment to be able to test that.

Otherwise, if you have the option to use a previous version of PHP, that might be the easiest way to sidestep the issue.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
42582.3 In reply to 42582.2 
Hi Peter,

Thanks very much for the suggestions.

I tried various versions and setting it back to 5.6 seems to have done the trick. Everything appears to be working now.

Very grateful for your input! You may be helping to build a community in Toronto.

&f=default&b=777777&c=ffaa66&pl=5&a=1

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
42582.4 In reply to 42582.2 
Unfortunately, the confirmation email for new users does not seem to be sending.

My first instinct is to try turning on all the PHP extensions?

&f=default&b=777777&c=ffaa66&pl=5&a=1

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  spinning_plates     
42582.5 In reply to 42582.4 
I suspect that's a PHP/configuration issue rather than a Beehive-specific one, but there's some information about getting emails to work here: https://github.com/BeehiveForum/BeehiveForum/blob/master/docs/readme.md#135-enabling-email-notifications
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–5

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2020 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats