Games (inc Online)Wolfenstein 2-pak Ca.$12

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  graphitone     
42562.12 In reply to 42562.11 
It started out very clunky but improved. The zombie/horror aspect is not so thrilling in the NPCs as it is in the environment, I have yet to set an eye on a recognizable zombie, they're mostly bog-standard nazis in full battle regalia and face masks, but with blue lights on their chests, which does make 'em easier to spot. Still there's a ways to go so maybe things will get more interesting. The mechanical monsters are, if anything, less interesting.
“Our behaviors on these platforms are too often conflated with who we are”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
9-hours of gameplay in, I finally hit da zombies. One cool thing is the zombie-nazis attack normal nazis, the uncool thing is the normal nazis then are then turned into zombie nazis.  :-/
“If you don't let death stench drift across your fence line I don't trust you.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

10-hours (total), a boring boss fight, bada bing, bada boom it's done. Now it feels like an expansion pack. Oh well, worth the price of admission, if only just.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42562.15 In reply to 42562.14 
What's next then? You going to try The New Order?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42562.16 In reply to 42562.15 
Yep. Trying to decide if TOB is worth keeping onboard for a replay, now that I know the ropes.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42562.17 In reply to 42562.16 
Not that I want to hijack this thread, but I've been playing a bit more of FC5 and am enjoying it, not too engrossed in the story as yet as I've been wanting to get more perk points to level up a bit first. I'm not a fan of the hired guns that pop up from time to time and follow you around. I like to take all the glory for blasting red necks and I don't want to keep checking on them to make sure they've either stayed put or not run into the base alterting all the bad guys. Is there any reason to strive to keep them alive in firefights, do they become part of the story, or are they just there as cannon fodder?

I like the FC arcade, some of the set pieces in there are really nice. Went into an assault map, which was an easy shooting gallery set in a crumbling space station, then went through some double doors into what I thought was another section to then stumble out into the 'real world' eyes adjusting from the interior dark to the warm glow of the sythenised sunlight as I realised it was some dodgy stage set in an undergrond bunker.  (dance)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42562.18 In reply to 42562.17 
All GFH are not equal. I barely noticed them during the campaigns and (like you) thought of them as little more than a nuisance. Some GFH are very amusing to tag along with, even though their scripted dialogue gets a little repetitious to say the least, and they'll save your ass in many a firefight. Some of the arcade maps are awesome, and way more challenging than what the regular game offers.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reloaded TOB expecting to be back at square one and all the ensuing tedium, because I had finished the game right through to the final credits. Instead it went back into the feeble finale, where you exchange insults with Hilda, the dying nazi prison camp guard (pretty sure she had a different name and role, but whatever), then, after you kill her (because there's nothing else to do, and man, she had it coming), the credits roll. So... I backed out into the main menu and discovered that you can replay the chapters, which is kind of how I've got FC5 running, except there are no chapters, just you and the GFH killing ample numbers of PEGgys, a renewable resource.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42562.20 In reply to 42562.19 
I've just found the vehicle purchases in FC5, and after running around for a bit with a decent gun and stocking up at the prepper stashes instead of the ammo shops I had a lot of cash to spend on a jeep with roof mounted rocket launchers. I've suddenly gone from feeling vulnerable (you die a lot more quickly in this iteration over previous installments) to being a suped up mobile powerhouse.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42562.21 In reply to 42562.20 
Many vehicles (like weapons) you eventually get free by completing various tasks, but you may have to buy addon weapons separately. I generally don't use 'em, except rarely to drive pell mell across the maps
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

After playing TOB a couple more hours I've decided the combat model is too retro/primitive, and zombies don't cut it either. They stagger, they burn, they rush you in dribs and drabs... Ho hum.

Will nuke and try on TNO next.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Seriously disappointed in TOB zombies. Nazi zombies ought to be the most vicious, cunning, relentlessly in-your-face zombies in all of video gaming. TOB zombies are pathetic, shambolic dead meat puppets that scamper up and slap you with a stinking paw before you blow their fucking heads off.  LMAO
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–23

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats