War & PoliticsWatergate 2.0

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Fascinating, just not in a good way (not unlike Brexit). Republicans trawling new, unplumbed depths in national betrayal.
“The insult of the year is about to become a TV show”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Seem to have avoided reading about most of it.
Is there anywhere with a condensed set of main points to catch up?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
42506.3 In reply to 42506.2 
The most damaging to Trump action has happened in the past three days, with State Dept. and actual White House witnesses confirming he gave direct orders to withhold aid to Ukraine unless/until they opened an investigation of former VP Biden (Obama), so that's bribery and extortion, as well as being illegal due to a post-Watergate law passed that explicitly forbids POTUS from withholding or otherwise fucking about with foreign aid (because it's exclusively the purview of Congress).

Here's a precis:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2019/11/18/us/politics/trump-ukraine-impeachment-testimony.html

(paid sub but you get one free per month without)

The Guardian (all free, all the time) also has good, v. detailed daily coverage, without the NYT's US liberal establishment baggage.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/live/2019/nov/21/trump-news-today-live-impeachment-hearings-fiona-hill-david-holmes-latest-updates
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
42506.4 In reply to 42506.2 
I've found that these days, one of the best ways of getting news on this kind of things is to follow a selection of relevant journalists on Twitter, as they tend to live-tweet the fun stuff. @KlasfeldReports and @BBuchman_CNS have been good for the impeachment stuff, with @ericgarland paraphrasing for the lols. @gregolear is good for the Trump mob/Russia stuff.

Kenny
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42506.5 In reply to 42506.1 
Sondland got him good.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42506.6 In reply to 42506.5 
He came through after a shaky start. The odd thing about all of this is that the transcript of Trump's phone call is already out there, thanks to the whistleblower.

I do like Hill's testimony yesterday, challenging Republicans to please stop being FSB tools.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–6

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats