Music, Film, TV & BooksEli TWR

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42499.40 In reply to 42499.28 
What did you (and Mrs D) think of Cormac McCarthy's The Road, assuming you've read it?

There's very little punctuation throughout the text, in fact I'm not even sure he uses full stops. I read the whole thing as a work of poetry rather than a novel and quite liked the frankly impersonal way the main characters are referred to; the man and the boy. 

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
42499.41 In reply to 42499.40 
I'll ask her, I certainly haven't read it. Don't do much reading anymore, mainly look at photo books, with the odd graphic novel thrown in, and follow a ton of news online. Once in a while she tosses me some murder mystery -type thing that's due back at the lieberry before I've half-read it. She talked about some book she had recently that has no chapters, which she found remarkable, other than which -- not well written. I did see McCarthy's No Country For Old Men the movie, which I thought had an excellent plot.

Oh yeah, I have been reading a translation of The Aeneid, which I found in our building's laundry room and find it pretty interesting.
“The insult of the year is about to become a TV show”
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–40  41

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats