Music, Film, TV & BooksTwin Peaks ACTUALLY EXPLAINED (No, Really) Not a TWR

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  william (WILLIAMA)      
42493.3 In reply to 42493.1 
This has come up on my Youtube suggestions a few times recently, but I'm not sure I'm willing to give up a sizeable chunk of my day to watch it. Is it do-able in chunks, or do you just have to sort of blast it?

I'm a moderately big fan of the show, and part of what I like about it is the feeling that maybe it doesn't need to be explained, maybe it just *is*. There's so much to it, and some of it must be deliberately created with an intention to it, and some of it seems to be odd for the sake of being odd, in that classic Lynchian way, and then some of the odd stuff turns out not to be so odd, and some of the mundane stuff is VERY odd, and who knows how much significance any of it has? Does Lynch himself? Or Frost? (I've read The Secret History of Twin Peaks, which is a fictionalised history of UFOlogy, MiB and Illuminati shenanigans tied into the TV Show, but misses the Lynchian headfuck).

My favourite example of The Weirdness is the Monica Bellucci Dream scene in season 3, which takes place at the Crêperie Plougastel in Paris: "We are like the dreamer who dreams, and then lives inside the dream. But who is the dreamer?", and then if you find the place on Google Street View, and zoom in on the door of number 51, what's that?

Kenny
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ)     
42493.4 In reply to 42493.3 
Hah! That last point does get a mention.

Yes, it's easily watchable in chunks - in fact I'd recommend watching it that way. I don't know anything about "Twin Perfect" who put the video together beyond a quick web search. Apparently they offer all kinds of explanations for films and some games and appear to be widely hated by many gamers. The presenter for this film is called Rosseter. He is occasionally annoying, but generally does a clear and professional enough job.

It doesn't offer explanations of the story in the sense of additional information about the events leading up to and following the death of Laura Palmer, but it is satisfactory as an alternative account of what's going on. I watched some parts of it again and I was surprised by how well-structured and convincing it is, even though (as I said before) it reaches a bit too far sometimes. It's also quite entertaining.
never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–4

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats