GeneralHellboy (2019)

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Universally panned by critics. Not so bad, but quite dull.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dt5g5_1cKVk

never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42487.2 In reply to 42487.1 
Supposedly a reboot of the film series started by Guillermo del Toro, based on the Hellboy Comic Books. I was expecting far worse. As it is, the plot is disjointed. Characters feature for no obvious plot purpose beyond showing off CGI and none of them have any particular depth. I suspect the Hellboy character would have even less depth if I hadn't seen the the two previous films, but David Harbour does a fair impersonation of Ron Perlman (and the make-up/prosthetics are nearly the same) so for me a lot of that was carried forward.

So, yeah, the story kind of made sense and it trundled along without much threat or menace. The new character "Alice" was interesting but ridiculously underused. There was a standard soldier-secretly-a werewolf/tigerish thing that was ridiculous as it didn't do or achieve much. The acting was generally OK throughout. Just, why did they bother? It's so like a knock-off worse-version that they would have been far better advised to make the 3rd in the existing series. 
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42487.3 In reply to 42487.2 
I love how he recycled the hellboy swamp thing in The Shape of Water.
“Having a super time riding my favourite pony Satan.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42487.4 In reply to 42487.3 
Another great film.

Incidentally, went back and watched G del T's Hellboy and this year's makeover took another dip. The original just oozes class by comparison.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–4

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats