Music, Film, TV & BooksTrue Story (2015) TWR

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42431.2 In reply to 42431.1 
God knows, somebody must have thought it was worth filming. They couldn't decide which story to focus on and it ended up as a mess swinging between mildly interesting and boring. I made coffee in the boring bits. Frazzled by the time the titles rolled.
never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42431.3 In reply to 42431.2 
Sabotaged by script and editing, but the portrayal of the killer rang true. Way over Jonah Hill's dramatic chops.
“Top 15 Forbidden Words: Dead, Shooting, Murder, Gun, Rape, Bomb, Died, Attack, Killed, Suicide, Trump, Crash, Crime, Explosion, Accident.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42431.4 In reply to 42431.3 
Hah! You're totally right. I only saw it about 4 months ago and he's so forgetable that I had to remind myself that he was the lead!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42431.5 In reply to 42431.3 
Yes, the script needed a decent editor. It takes a competent writer (and director) to blend several stories together into one. I was left wondering whether this was about a journalist and his repeat poor-decision-making, or a did-he-do-it? or something else altogether. The bits never came together. Less than the sum of its parts.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–5

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats