Games (inc Online)Far Cry New Dawn

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42405.2 In reply to 42405.1 
*\o/* Was it in the Steam sale?

Take your time over the train escape & ensuing shenanigans. You can acquire a fair bit of kit and ammo (well, as much as your feeble initial capacity will allow). Plus, it's fun.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42405.3 In reply to 42405.2 
Yeah, I got it ~half price. I've been mulling over whether to put my 5 'game+' through the finale (which I really didn't like) so's I could reset the bases, or just start a new game+ first, but I'm having too much fun to bother. ND does look promising.
“plants may not have consciousness”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42405.4 In reply to 42405.3 
For me, ND offered the continuity that allowed me to finally accept the apocalyptic ending of 5; but then, I'm odd.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42405.5 In reply to 42405.4 
I didn't mind the apocalyptic ending, I minded detoxing all the same annoying and useless NPCs that plagued cut scenes throughout the game.
“plants may not have consciousness”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42405.6 In reply to 42405.5 
You mean the 'Character' NPCs - the clan? They're gone. The bases are just repopulated with grunts.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42405.7 In reply to 42405.6 
Sherrif's posse... they actually got more interesting when they went rogue on the bliss. I won't miss 'em in ND, just saying why I hate the FC5 ending(s). I like the GFH, all jokey, nonchalant and full of peggie-killing meanness.
“we are doing those programmes [reality tv shows] often to create insight into society”
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42405.8 In reply to 42405.2 
Made it to Prosperity, my guide got killed when we rushed the tunnel (strangely, the highwaymen didn't pursue me in spite their overwhelming numbers), then she conveniently reappeared in time to introduce me to her mom. The saw launcher is a pretty cool weapon though I haven't figured out the physics of it.
“we are doing those programmes [reality tv shows] often to create insight into society”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42405.9 In reply to 42405.8 
Yeah Carmina Rye is on your roster of guns for hire from early if not from the outset, so if she cops it she'll recover & reappear in the roster (the GFH actually have a *hang-out* in ND, where they mostly hone their skills and bicker). My favourite GsFH, though, are Nana (forensic killing machine & homespun-wisdom dispenser) and Horatio (Berserker in a sausage skin).

There's not a lot of rational physics to the Saw Launcher TBH, and if there was I suspect it would be almost impossible to use with any accuracy; but there is an autolock which works some of the time.

As soon as the expeditions open up, try one; they're great fun. When you've beaten them on the easy settings, you can return to the maps, populated with increasingly tough enemies. 

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42405.10 In reply to 42405.9 
Good advice I'm sure. I had my first taste of real highwayman combat in a skirmish outside of wikiwhatever's home, then chased him all over hell's half acre to get his 'business plan', picking up a nice little smg sidearm in the bargain. (first try I got smoked, learning this ain't no run and gun game). The saw blade thrower is great for twofer (and sometimes threefer) kills. I kind of wish it did graphic decapitations but that's probably OTT (so to speak) for the game rating folks.
“Aggrieved and belligerent is the new [Republican] normal.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42405.11 In reply to 42405.10 
Quote: 
I kind of wish it did graphic decapitations but that's probably OTT (so to speak) for the game rating folks.
There'll be a mod for it somewhere. And also for naked Nana. There is no limit to the ingenuity or depravity of the game-addicted otaku.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42405.12 In reply to 42405.11 
There's always Dead Island for that sort of thing. ND appears to be relatively less violent to FC5 (with its gruesome torture victims strung everywhere in sight), but these are early days.
“Aggrieved and belligerent is the new [Republican] normal.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42405.13 In reply to 42405.12 
Quote: 
ND appears to be relatively less violent to FC5
Yes, I think that's a fair point (scours his mind for nastinesses committed by Mickey & Lou).

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–13

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats