Music, Film, TV & BooksThe Americans (2013) TWR

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42374.2 In reply to 42374.1 
I enjoyed the series. Really well balanced (for a USian TV series that will inevitably lean to the free-dumb-luvvin US of A).
never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42374.3 In reply to 42374.2 
I'll be definitely checking out the rest.
“you know things are bad when we’re using a show about chernobyl as escapism”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Postscript:
Quote: 
Alexander Vavilov was born in Toronto, which would typically qualify him for Canadian citizenship. But authorities had ruled that Vavilov didn't qualify because his parents were part of a Russian spy ring in North America that was broken up by the FBI in 2010. The high court rejected that finding on Thursday, meaning Vavilov can reside permanently in the country where his parents once lived clandestine lives as deeply embedded spies who were the models for the TV show The Americans.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/son-of-russian-spies-relieved-to-keep-canadian-citizenship-1.5405790

“Scammers have built algorithms to write fake books from scratch to sell on Amazon”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42374.5 In reply to 42374.4 
That's interesting. Had no idea it was based on an actual case.
never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42374.6 In reply to 42374.5 
Me too. Can't find the quote right now but one of the two children of spies said the series was an accurate portrayal, except for the violence and murders.
“Scammers have built algorithms to write fake books from scratch to sell on Amazon”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–6

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats