Music, Film, TV & BooksVenom TWR

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Mostly nonsensical super-anti-hero tripe, public accepts feral decapitations with nonchalance
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
42370.2 In reply to 42370.1 
There are some movies that get panned which I look back on and think maybe it wasn't that bad. I could probably manage another viewing of  the Matrix Reloaded or even Jupiter Ascending if I didn't have to pay Imax prices (or any price really) and I didn't have something else to do. Venom is one of those movies that I resent having seen the first time. It cheapened and reduced the quality of my life. It could have been great but it turned out to be "the Readers' Digest" version of an already hackneyed and cheesy story with no discernible plot.
never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42370.3 In reply to 42370.2 
There are quite a few movies in theatrical release that I think I might want to see, but I'm unwilling to gamble on the price of a ticket and the hassle of getting there, so I wait for the dvd to show up at the lieberry, usually in just a couple of months. Also, some movies I saw at the theatre actually seem to look better when seen again on the small screen.
“Man Stole Daughter’s Girl Scouts Cookie Money To Pay For Erotic Massage”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42370.4 In reply to 42370.2 
Yep, it's Sony jumping on the bandwagon, competing with whichever studio has done the other avengers films and subseries.

From what little I know of the source material this flies in the face of Venom himself being a badass. It could have been so much better, the real let down is having a film about one of Spiderman's main antagonists without Spiderman in it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
42370.5 In reply to 42370.4 
The world has Spiderman-fatigue.
“Man Stole Daughter’s Girl Scouts Cookie Money To Pay For Erotic Massage”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42370.6 In reply to 42370.5 
I'm slowly making my way through the marvel films and am very tired of origin stories. However, there are certain characters that I can watch over and over. Spiderman is one of them. But yes, the superhero genre is beginning to wear as thin as an emaciated twiglet.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–6

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats