Music, Film, TV & BooksGame of Thrones season 8

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  Manthorp     
42335.20 In reply to 42335.17 
Or Mads Milkkolsen as he's known in Denmark.
“Futurist Predicts AI Will Take Jobs, Benefiting the Rich But Not Workers”
+2/2
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42335.21 In reply to 42335.19 
Bravo! That's more like it. Spammers take note, this is how it's done.
milko
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42335.22 In reply to 42335.2 
Nah man.. Just wanted to put options. Because I really needed one and I was open to the responses. :)
Ben
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42335.23 In reply to 42335.3 
Yess I tried it. 
Ben
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  BarHenly (BARHEN)      
42335.24 In reply to 42335.22 
My apologies for being an old cynic! Glad my less cynical buddies were able to help out.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Two episodes in and it's all about to kick off again, huh? I kind of prefer these talky ones in a way, even though by now we're so far past the books it's just fan-service nonsense really. Tormund has some great lines.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I thought the reunion of Jon and Arya was seriously underdone.  When I saw my little sister after Iraq we both cried, and I was only gone for a year and knew I was going to see her.  (Actually come to think of it, did either of them know they were going to see each other before being reunited?)

I know they're stoic warriors and whatnot but honestly, they were each other's best friends during the happy times of their life, and when they see each other again they just sort of stand there and barely smile?  I suppose they're still keeping their emotions in check since they know the war isn't over, but even so.

--
I don't know what you're talking about. My signature is as epic as they come.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Okay, so, episode three?  Anyone?

Eh?  Eh?

--
I don't know what you're talking about. My signature is as epic as they come.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  AND HIS PROPHET IS (MOHAMED42)     
42335.28 In reply to 42335.27 
OK I've seen it now. Quite glad I downloaded a many-GB rip and that my telly is good at low brightness scenes.

The show is very (and increasingly) silly, obviously, and this was pretty good as far as that stuff goes.

I liked that nobody got to do a big long dying speech, they just copped it. I thought some people looked like they really should have had no chance of survival whatsoever and only plot armour kept them going, that got a bit OTT at times.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
42335.29 In reply to 42335.28 
I watched it Monday. Also downloaded it, and with the lights off and my plasma I had no trouble watching it. I've seen lots of complaints about it being difficult to see though.

I thought it was a pretty epic episode. I felt pretty worn out after watching it though; plenty of tension and action. And lots of questions, or thought some bits were a bit silly.

I also liked the way they died. Almost looked like they were going to say a few last words, but just slipped away.

I still don't quite get the NK. Why was he after Bran? Why didn't he just use his dragon to kill him? Why fly around for a bit instead of just charging in and destroying him? He knocked down part of Winterfell with it. Why chase Danny and Jon instead of going straight for Bran?

I feel too many main characters are not dying now, even though they had so many wights attacking them. And now it feels like the exciting bit is done. Surely the rest won't be as exciting as this now.

Why, oh why is the last episode on the 19/20th? I'll be on holiday :'(

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
42335.30 In reply to 42335.11 
Oh, hello!

Yes, the TV show was a bit over-hyped, though I watched it all. I wish it hadn't run ahead of the books, because now my enthusiasm for them is slightly dulled. The multi-year waits in between publications hasn't helped either, though.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–30

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats