Music, Film, TV & BooksThe lost city of Z (2016) TWR

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Son of anarchy barnstorms the amazon in a tedious tale.

“Ghost bear is easy to identify. He’s the one with the white face and the head and chest covered in fresh human blood.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I DON"T FUCKING MEAN THE SHOPPING WEB SITE
“Ghost bear is easy to identify. He’s the one with the white face and the head and chest covered in fresh human blood.”
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

So I read the book (on MrsD.'s recommendation) and it took me like 10 weeks. But I enjoyed and unexpectedly did not find it difficult to remember the action and salient details over so long a period. It also made the movie (and its limitations) more understandable. It was quite interesting to be finishing up the book at the same time I watched The Terror, a similar tale of failed exploration leading to death. Unlike The Terror, however, this was several stories, of several consecutive and concurrent expeditions -- the original, rescue and rival missions, and the author's own, much later expedition to try and learn the fate of the original protagonist as well the existence of a 'lost civilization' in the Amazon, a network of vast warehouses that supplied books, gadgetry, clothing and all manner of things summoned by a form of electronic telepathy. This advanced civilization (it is alleged) ironically sowed the seeds of its own destruction through insatiable and unsustainable ... ... <SIGNAL LOST>
“I believe real life and the internet differ.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–3

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats