GeneralVitamins

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL

Nobody voted

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

So teh does not believe in vitamins. Question asked and answered.
“Brexit is a uniquely British story of political backstabbing, hubris and incompetence spawned by factional disputes within the ruling Conservative Party”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42271.3 In reply to 42271.2 
best poll in ages, well done.
milko
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
42271.4 In reply to 42271.3 
Back end did all the work...
“Brexit is a uniquely British story of political backstabbing, hubris and incompetence spawned by factional disputes within the ruling Conservative Party”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42271.5 In reply to 42271.2 
I'm on the fence with this.

I don't believe that stuff like Berocca does anything for you other than turning your wee a funny colour.

However, I have had a vitmain D deficiency diagnosed by a blood test and have been told by two doctors to take a vitamin D tablet every day, and have felt a benefit from doing it. Whether that's more a placebo effect of taking something because a doctor's told me to therefore it must be making a difference vs Berocca says it's providing 3000%* of my daily vitamins, which sounds bollocks.

* 3000% may be an exaggeration.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
42271.6 In reply to 42271.5 
Doctors been nagging me for years to take D. Took some this morning. Posted a poll, but teh engine has defined "vitamins" as hate speech. So.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42271.7 In reply to 42271.6 
(fail)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42271.8 In reply to 42271.1 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p06p99mk

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42271.9 In reply to 42271.1 
I think I'd only take any specific supplements if a doctor told me to.
My diet probably isn't balanced enough, but I can sort that.

And don't you just piss out excess vitamins anyway?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
42271.10 In reply to 42271.9 
I think it's possible to overdose on A, but the rest are fine. Also, having C on it's own doesn't do much - it needs iron or one of the others in your diet to have an effect.

My brother swears by zinc & magnesium for helping to have a relaxing sleep, but I've not tried that myself. Mostly because I'm always too tired to remember. :(

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
42271.11 In reply to 42271.10 
But you sleep well because you're tired?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

So it's A and D that you can take too much of because they're fat soluble and stay in the body longer. The effects of too much A are worse.

I also found this... "Water, just like any other substance, can be considered a poison when over-consumed in a specific period of time."

I knew like when you get diarrhoea you need to take salt too, but didn't realise you could actually poison yourself just with water. Apparently 1 litre of water per hour is what your kidneys can process, and there are definitely times when I've come close to that. :/

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42271.13 In reply to 42271.12 
Surprised you didn't know that. You can dilute the sodium and potassium (I think) solutions/ions in your body with too much water, meaning your nerve junctions or something have an incorrect balance and don't function, sometimes resulting in death.

Or something to that effect, years since I was taught about it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42271.14 In reply to 42271.11 
I /wish/

I lie in bed unable to relax until sometime around 3-4, then not enough hours later I spend an hour or two trying to get up and feeling shit for the morning. Unless it's the weekend when I turn off all alarms and don't have a morning. (Which makes Monday worse because getting up the same time every day is healthier; not enough sleep makes you want more, but you can't catch up on what you miss.)

Reading can be a distraction that helps, but there's a fine line between that and becoming too engrossed.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42271.15 In reply to 42271.13 
I knew salt/electrolytes were important, but didn't know it could actually kill you.

Might have to carry around a bag of salt to munch on now. :S

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42271.16 In reply to 42271.10 
Don't eat Polar Bear liver.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42271.17 In reply to 42271.15 
remember that woman who died doing some Wii/water drinking radio challenge. I think pretty much anything to excess can be deadly. Personally I like to limit my breathing to a safe number.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/10/well/live/vitamin-d-and-fish-oils-are-ineffective-for-preventing-cancer-and-heart-disease.html
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42271.19 In reply to 42271.16 
Fortunately I have no intention of eating any liver, nor any part of a bear (polar or otherwise), so I should be good there.

I wonder if anyone has done a TerraFirmaCraft mod that works with vitamins & minerals instead of food groups.

+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
42271.20 In reply to 42271.17 
I'd love to be able to have on-demand hearing, where I could reduce the amount of shit that gets unwillingly forced into my ears.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–36

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats