Games (inc Online)Outcast 2nd Contact FREE on humble thru tomorrow

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
https://www.humblebundle.com/store/outcast-second-contact

Graphics soooo bad, they're good!

This actually looks kind of fun. I hope the trailer isn't too jizzed up.

“Brexit is a uniquely British story of political backstabbing, hubris and incompetence spawned by factional disputes within the ruling Conservative Party”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42268.2 In reply to 42268.1 
Fuck me! Do you remember 'first contact' with its voxel magic and strangely empty world?

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42268.3 In reply to 42268.2 
Ulukai? Ulukai, it is you!

Such an impressive game in so many ways, and also how the voxels meant that even if you did have a shiny graphics card (3DFX back then maybe?) you'd still get shit framerates.

I heard pretty bad things about this remake, but for the price of free, I'm in.
milko
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42268.4 In reply to 42268.2 
I never even heard of it. Trailer reminds me of original Star Trek series crap FX.
“Brexit is a uniquely British story of political backstabbing, hubris and incompetence spawned by factional disputes within the ruling Conservative Party”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42268.5 In reply to 42268.4 
It's very old.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42268.6 In reply to 42268.5 
Yeah, I watched the trailer for the original first and almost decided to pass on it, but the sequel looked way better (though still pretty lame). When that came out I was playing Mac games such as Bungee's Marathon. Then I got a job where I had a pc with a TNT card and started playing Tribes at work. That was a fun multiplayer game because of all the crazy cheats. I had too much lag to get into CQB so I hung on the periphery with a laser sniper rifle. I went by the nicks "backshooter" and "Elvis" (typing "Thank you, thank you very much!" into the running dialog console whenever I killed or got killed). Once in a while some dudes would come looking for me and I'd have to run waaaay out, often getting lost.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42268.7 In reply to 42268.6 
I feel a new thread coming on.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42268.8 In reply to 42268.2 
The first game I remember playing that used Voxels was Vangers. Some strange top down driving/racing game. Can't remember what you actually had to do in it though.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)     
42268.9 In reply to 42268.8 
Oh, I think that was a proper example of Russian weirdness. I never did get to play it though. Delta Force was another voxelly game I think, and Comanche something-or-other helicopters. 
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
42268.10 In reply to 42268.9 
I didn't realise it was a Russian game. Looking at some videos it's more weird than I remember. I think I tried it out multiplayer too. Can't remember if it was split screen, or on a LAN.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–10

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats