Games (inc Online)FC5 Can.$26.40 'til the 28th @ Ubi

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Saw some pretty cool z-axis + physics glitches: on a mountain side I came across a cultist and his hostage on a rock face about 30 feet off the ground. When I shot the cultist he flew straight up in the air outta sight and didn't fall to ground for several seconds. The hostage slid down the rock face a few feet, not far enough for me to undo her ties. On another session, I was crossing a bridge with NPC Jess Black a few yards behind, when she suddenly shot straight up about 100 feet into the air, maybe to dodge a speeding vehicle, I was too startled to notice. She popped a parachute and floated back down.
“you know things are bad when we’re using a show about chernobyl as escapism”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42265.142 In reply to 42265.141 
Not as spectacular, but I've been noticing recently that motorbike dismounting is by astral projection and that npcs shot in boats almost always fall through the hull.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42265.143 In reply to 42265.142 
I'll look for those. Haven't seen any motorbikes around. Do you mean those 4-wheeler ATVs? I like shotgun-blasting cultists off 'em. Oh yeah, tonight saw a ground-sky cylindrical grove of tree trunks (?) from a certain direction.
“you know things are bad when we’re using a show about chernobyl as escapism”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42265.144 In reply to 42265.143 
Not the ATVs - or at least I haven't noticed it with them - but the motorcycles and sidecars/turrets in ND.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42265.145 In reply to 42265.144 
Ah, ND. I'll ready for it in a few months or whenever it goes back on sale. Still playing FC3 + Ziggy's Mod from time to time, mainly for the change of environment. FC4 I unfortunately started over and now I'm reluctant to put myself through the slow grind of building decent skills + weaps, even though I've got the souped-up bow mod on it. But I guess I'll be back at it some point.
“Heavy Metal Singer Kicks Phone Out of Fan’s Hands During Show”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Just passed $500,000 in my FC5 bank account.
“Man jailed after his own dashcam filmed him dealing drugs”
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42265.147 In reply to 42265.146 
I got FC5 a few weeks ago and have put a few hours of time in. It's typical Far Cry, which is no bad thing, but not earth shattering either. Just been re-reading this thread and trying to avoid the spoilers. 

I've cleared the first third of the map (John's area) and though it's enjoyable, the missions and scenery are all a bit samey. I'm hoping for a bit of a mix up with Jacob and Faith's areas.

I think some of the graphical glitches you both mentioned must have been patched, not seen a single aberration, unless you count the Judge Moose, which randomly teleports.  :-D

So far I'm liking it as not played any FC for around a year, the mechanics feel familiar but fresh, it does look very pretty but at the moment I'd say FC4 was the crowning glory. It had the right balance of seriousness vs all out what-the-fuckery, way more interesting NPCs and a better storyline. 

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
42265.148 In reply to 42265.147 
There's a lot to dislike about the FC5 missions and story, although they are considerably more tolerable when you complete and go back with your full loadout accessible (ca$h, guns, ammo, everything except some skill points pertaining to GFH), you just have to get to a store or peddlar, and then you're off to the races.

But I like it best in post-missions mode, where if you are careful not to kill the last dude, you will have access to 2 fiefdoms fully populated with peggies, their trucks and helicopters (all but in Faith's region on account of you are forced to kill her, and it's bye bye Peggies there) and there's also the arcade which has some amazing user-made maps that can be way tougher than any of the missions (search on AKAFootloose).

I did really enjoy FC4 for it's exoticness, and I mean to continue playing it, but didn't find the NPCs notably more interesting, but kind of stupid and irritating. I've got mine with an 'arrows and bolts' mod on it (basically one-shot kills), making those weapons way more fun.

My preference may be down to familiarity with USian mores and scenery (which I think FC5 totally nails, having spent no time in Montana) and, well, I have an axe to grind, unfortunately there are no axes in FC5, so I have to make do with the panoply of firearms on offer in every corner of that benighted land ... The bows and arrows are awesome too. Pretty sure there's no such animal as an incendiary shotgun shell, but fuck me if they don't take down a chopper with the pilot screaming.

Are you planning to do New Dawn?
“I’m afraid I have some bad news: The Alien trilogy as an analysis of the process of grief.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42265.149 In reply to 42265.148 
I normally favour a stealthy approach in games like this but have found it really easy not to mention fun to rock up to an outpost with an armoured jeep, start firing rockets to get the Peggies attention, then let rip with the roof mounted machine gun. It's only failed to work the once when an RPG heavy took me out before I spotted him. Yes, it lacks finesse, but it gets the job done.

I'm not planning on New Dawn at the moment, got far too many other things to be working through in my unplayed Steam list. :|

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42265.150 In reply to 42265.149 
New Dawn is one of my favourite Far Cry games, second only to Four.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42265.151 In reply to 42265.150 
Is it a full game? I've read it's a quasi-sequel to FC5, but not sure if it's DLC or self contained game.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42265.152 In reply to 42265.151 
It's a full game, actually quite different from FC5. I got about 1/3 of the way through it a while ago and plan to finish it some time, whenever my FC5 monomania wears off. If you like freaky, trippy stuff like Manthorp ...
“I’m afraid I have some bad news: The Alien trilogy as an analysis of the process of grief.”
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42265.153 In reply to 42265.152 
I'm not a fan of the trippy boss battles in FC4, but the trippy Reggie and Yogi missions were a big highlight. If there's more of that sort of thing, then it's definitely gonna be worth a look. 

I've got a small collection of large RPGs to get through in my Steam library that I want to look at after I finish FC5. They've been lingering around for quite a while. I started Skyrim waaaay back, but got far too distracted with side quests and was 50 hours in before I saw my first dragon. If I start playing that again I'm likely to never need another game. 

That said I've started looking at the free F1 game (2018?!) you posted about the other week, there's a surprising amount to it, an in depth career mode which, depending on the team you choose, gives you a set level of expectation that's not necessarily about winning. 
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42265.154 In reply to 42265.153 
One thing I can definitely recommend for FC4 is the Yeti DLC.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42265.155 In reply to 42265.152 
C'est moi...

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42265.156 In reply to 42265.155 
I kind of liked the shroomy stuff in FC3. It reminded me of a) actual shrooms and b) some wonderful passages in Robert Stones' Dog Soldiers.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42265.157 In reply to 42265.156 
I also liked the shootout in the hallucinogen factory in FC4, all to the sound of Panjabi MC.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42265.158 In reply to 42265.157 
Yeah. I prefer drug-induced over digital, but whatever.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

With the notable exception of the now deceased, Dead Island and L4D franchises, I have always been disappointed by zombie-themed FPS. I took a run at Dying Light (DI's supposed successor), and may return to it in future. Its zombies are dangerous, but not scary and loathsome. The parkour thing is sort of fun until it turns into a puzzle-solving thing which is often. I played through Wolfenstein TOB, and while its set-designs were fantastic, the creatures were meh, and the zombies even moar meh (I got TNO as a twofer deal, haven't installed it. Maybe I will, maybe I won't).

Last night I drunk-bought Dead Living Zombies (DLC for FC5) for the princely sum of $Can. 3 and spun it up for a minute of gameplay before retiring. It appears to be be, more or less, worth the price of admission -- I'm seeing retread concepts stolen from L4D and TOB both (alas, none from DI). One original thing is the comical graphic novel storyline about a scriptwriter pitching these preposterous scenarios to skeptical studio heads. So that at least is different. I love trashy and stupid graphic novels, so long as they deliver on graphics and outre storylines.
“I bought the Kings of Leon album on Friday. For about $50 I get a digital download, NFT artwork and a limited gold vinyl edition of the album. Doesn't help that I really don't like Kings of Leon.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  …  101–120  121–140  141–159

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats