Message 42264.192 deleted 3 Mar 2020 11:02 by MILKO

To:  ALL
Trade deal's been struck.
“Social media manipulation affects even US senators”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42264.194 In reply to 42264.193 
Could have had a better deal a year ago. Could have had a better deal under Johnson's government but 1) he's permanently stuck in campaign mode rather than governing 2) he can't work out which faction in his party he's most scared of.

He May Be Your Dog But He's Wearing My Collar

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42264.195 In reply to 42264.193 
Yep, better than no deal, but still a shit deal.

A bit like cutting your foot off is better than cutting your head off...
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Dave!!     
42264.196 In reply to 42264.195 
And that total butt-hole Starmer intends to whip the opposition to support it. He seems to have an almost infallible ability to make 180 degree wrong decisions with no pressure on him. The govt. has an 80 seat majority. Labour abstaining would still see the deal go through. Now Johnson can (rightly) state that the deal has support from both sides of the house. 

I suppose I shouldn't expect more when a supposed human-rights lawyer whips the opposition to abstain rather than oppose measures to make soldiers who murder and torture abroad immune from prosecution at home.

+2/2
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42264.197 In reply to 42264.196 
I think in this particular case he’s damned if he does or doesn’t. Abstaining would be taken badly by the UK press. Which doesn’t change my general agreement for what you’re saying, and it’s his as much his own fault as well as his mates for all refusing to countenance the chance we had for a Brexit with single market and free movement (and plenty more besides) under Corbyn. Hope they enjoy reaping the whirlwind sooner rather than later. 
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
42264.198 In reply to 42264.197 
Quote: 
he’s damned if he does or doesn’t
I agree, but sadly, his appearance is his primary consideration, i.e. his Westminster view of how t'northern voters in t'lost constituencies should view him as 'strong' on law and 'supportive' of a brexit/trade deal. In other words, Johnson is driving the agenda and Starmer is in campaign mode as well. Any idea of being honest and principled has vanished. Pity being named after a Labour icon doesn't impart any similarities.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
42264.199 In reply to 42264.197 
I agree, but abstaining would be the right middle ground IMO. It'd show that Labour isn't rejecting the deal, however they are putting full onus on the Tories to own it. By voting in favour, every time Starmer criticises anything about it going forwards, Boris will just reply with "Well, you backed the deal"...
---

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Why Boris blinked:

“Social media manipulation affects even US senators”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  …  141–160  161–180  181–200

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats