Games (inc Online)Far Cry 4 $11.99 on Humble

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Did the guard the giant statue mission. A bit hairy. RPG is a must.
“Return to Cobalt Some of the Trillions Taken Away.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42251.82 In reply to 42251.81 
A grenade launcher was all I needed on that one!

I've just done a mission for the crazy lady in charge of the arena and taken down the De Pleur guy.

It involves a lot of sneaking around a heavily guarded base without being detected, taking pictures of the interagation rooms, then a visit to De Pleur's office and a little light kidnapping. All hell then breaks loose as an alarm goes off and you've got to carry him over your shoulder to the nearest car. I somehow found a little nook where the enemies came streaming by one by one, so I could pick them off. It all seemed difficult, until I realised I've gone through it all on the first try. :/
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I just did the one where you have to sneak into a party, snatch a guy and bring him back to the golden path in the trunk of a shitty compact while being chased. Gotta slick little sidearm crossbow and an LMG out of it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

...and they came real handy in the save-the-lab-kill-the-chemist mission. The crossbow is more accurate than the plain bow for mid-long range, and can even get headshots with the optical sight on board. The LMG is surprisingly useful for CQB.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.85 In reply to 42251.83 
It's a great little mission. Have you had the option of killing him (or not) yet?

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42251.86 In reply to 42251.85 
Well, I got told to kill him up front, then that changed after I already killed him, then he reincarnated and I had to kill him again. Over and over and over. Then the mission ended when I got out of the brick factory drug lab.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Finished chapter 2, landed in Durgesh prison as a guest of Min, trying to find stuff for a grappling hook but DEMONS!!!  :-@
“my Airbnb guests threw a party for 300 people”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Oh and the last two chapter 2 missions with CIA dickwad guy were ace. Hint: do not engage in pitched firefights. Run away is your friend.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I made it out of the prison proper, now I'm in the prison farm which has a lot of guards and they all want to kill me, for some reason.  :-@

(I'm not liking how these grand-guignol on rails missions are stacked end-on-end, and would appreciate a break between to do normal, open-world stuff. oh well, there's FC3 for that)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

OK so I did that. I'm feeling really irritated by how inauspiciously I unlocked access to Northern Kryat, by finishing the last three missions badly. By that I mean: I didn't kill every living thing on the map without me dying even once; I sprayed a ton of precious ammo into the sky; and I ran around like a chicken with its head cut off. Also, the first NK bell tower I tried to unlock was way harder than any of the SK ones, I fell to my death like half a dozen times, and it's still locked*.  :-((

*edit: not unlocked
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.91 In reply to 42251.90 
I thought the Durgesh prison breakout was a great mission. I've played it several times. I think it's impossible to do the entire thing with your stealth unbroken, though I've got close.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.92 In reply to 42251.91 
I managed to turn the first alarm off. The zip line landing's a real bitch. For me, the highlight of the game so far was wingsuiting through narrow mountain passes after assassinating wossname. Took me several tries. On the next to last, I comically went straight into the chopper, thinking it must be my rescue and expecting the mission success fadeout. Splat!
“Man caught poaching deer ordered to watch Bambi for a year”
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.93 In reply to 42251.92 
Yup, did exactly the same with the chopper. One of my great pleasures is to climb to one of the highest points on the map and see how long I can wingsuit for (and how many bridges I can fly under).

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.94 In reply to 42251.93 
Wingsuiting is real fun, but those motherfucking tree tops. Also, WTF does a pack of wolves or some enemy combatants need to be lolling about just where my parachute lands?

I just cued up for an assault on Yummy's fortress, sub-optimal loadout be damned.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

Discovered a Yummy fortress bug (according to steam forums): after killing every enemy + dog and triggering an alarm, no choppers pulled up and the capture didn't take (a couple of workarounds suggested). I spent 15 minutes looting the fortress, and got on a gyrocopter for a spin around the perimeter.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.96 In reply to 42251.95 
Could you escape after that?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.97 In reply to 42251.96 
All the defenders were dead (AFAICT), and I used the minichopper to fly out. Apparently the 'trick'* is to kill everyone with sniper rifle | kill dog first | trigger alarm & take out choppers first. Since I saved with a looted RPG swapped for the sniper rifle, I'll try the chopper takedown method.

*I've since read that there is no 'trick', it really is a bug (for the unweakened fort), and your only recourse is to keep doing it over until it takes (or you takes it).
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.98 In reply to 42251.95 
I've been playing a bit more over the last few days and am catching you up. I've just done the prison and taken the mad woman in charge of the arena's fortress.

I saw the demons before the prison by doing the Shangri La levels (kicked off by the Yogi and Reggie missions), they're not as disturbing there as they are in the prison, though they use the same graphics. Must be something to do with the way they fade in and out in the prison.

I've got my homestead kitted out with some upgrades meaning I've got a little herb garden to restock the syringes and free body armour among other things.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
42251.99 In reply to 42251.98 
Free body armour? I hate hunting for herbs to make syringes that last ~30-seconds.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.100 In reply to 42251.99 
Yeah, it comes as part of an upgrade to the Ghale homestead, you speak to the caretaker chap outside the front door and he can magically build around 9 or 10 bolt ons of which about 4 are useful. You can get free body armour, the herb garden, free molotovs and a shrine that for some reason generates small piles of cash. Oh and a trading cabinet. Some of the less worthwhile ones give you an interior and exterior makeover and a lighting upgrade.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  41–60  61–80  81–100  101–120  …  201–211

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats