Games (inc Online)Far Cry 4 $11.99 on Humble

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  graphitone     
42251.68 In reply to 42251.67 
You misspelled "shit". Yeah, the mission structure in FC4 seems pretty loose compared to FC3. I may keep switching sides to see what happens. Not a huge difference between defending a base and defending an opium farm, except sprinklers.
“Santa told them to get the fuck out”
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Had my first decent firefight when I attacked a fort surrounded by "mine fields" (actually I encountered only three or four actual mines). I meant to just check it out, but found a way in, got up on a roof and by judicious use of arrows, fire arrows, meat bait and grenades managed to clear out a lot of the defenders before they spotted me and set off the alarm. Then I ran up into another building, did a heavy takedown and used his LMG to take down a couple of choppers. But choppers kept coming, I ran out of ammo and they got me in the end. Best combat I've seen in FC4 though.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42251.70 In reply to 42251.69 
The best use of mines is late-ish in the game, where you have to rescue a prisoner held captive in the middle of a series of mined paddy fields, with very little cover.

I really enjoyed the forts. You're going about it the right way: do as much damage as you can by stealth and avoid the choppers completely if possible, because they are bastards. If you do trip them, get to a securable building and snipe at them with the grenade launcher or a rocket launcher.  When secured, the forts often (if not always?) have a buzzer, so they're great bases from which to launch missions.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42251.71 In reply to 42251.70 
That sounds very similar to a FC3 mission, rescue prisoner from mine field. I 'm going back at the fortress, pondering whether to go in with the RPG for the choppers, or focus on killing the alarms instead.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.72 In reply to 42251.71 
Maybe I'm conflating the two. I haev teh olds.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.73 In reply to 42251.71 
Aye, you're right. That was in 3. You had to snipe the kidnappers on the edge of the mine field, then lead the prisoner through the mines and protect a village on the other side. I'm not saying there's not an analogous one in 4 though.

The forts sound fun, haven't tried one yet, but it sounds as though a rocket launcher will be an asset. That'll be the next purchase.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.74 In reply to 42251.73 
Yeah that's the one where he leads you up into a village so he can ransack some hut looking for evidence(?) while you fend off a heavy attack.

The fort I attacked is the one nearest the other side which is (for now) verboten. I could have avoided the mine fields completely by following a path to the right that leads up a hill overlooking the backside of the fort (the one part, you'd think, that would be most heavily defended, except it's totally undefended). AFAICT, the main doors to the fort never open, and there's no other way in, unless it's through some cave somewhere.

From there you can just drop in behind a big building and climb a ladder to the roof. The bad news is, once you're spotted, or even if you're not, they can climb the roof too. Bait, and the lions, tigers and bears it brings are your friend.

For my next foray, I'm taking the suppressed sniper rifle and try to get the two main snipers up top before going in, even though they were mostly not a problem -- I killed one with an arrow after he wandered down the stairs inside the fort, and the other had an unfortunate encounter with a jaguar. I'll leave the RPG home, and pray I won't need it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

The sniper rifle is definitely the thing for this one, I just need to block out enough time to complete the mission. Last night after a few false starts I had it down to two defenders twice, but botched the finale and they called in the choppers on me. For some reason the bait thing wasn't working nearly so well, only got a couple of leopards, no tigers or bears, before I ran out.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Here's a fuckload of user-made FC4 maps, untried by me, quality unknown. The loading mechanism seems kludgy, but I dunno.

https://maps.farcry.eu
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Finally captured the fort undetected, after about 10 tries over three nights (in which I was detected, got killed by choppers, or aborted). This time my weapon of choice was the sniper rifle, I got about half the defenders from the hill, then got on a roof to take out all but the two heavies, then I went back on the ramparts and went around to the other side, and got them with fire arrows.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Last night I bagged Baghadur in one. Few opportunities for outside sniping, so I rappelled inside and managed to prevail, despite being quickly detected. This time I brought the RPG and used it on a heavy ahd two choppers, the rest were bow and "Rebel" SMG.
“Without a wall, he will only be remembered as a small cartoon figure who briefly inflamed and amused the rabble”
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.79 In reply to 42251.78 
I got through the one on the right hand of the map you mentioned a few posts ago. It was fairly easy, sneaked in over the wall, took the heavies out with silent takedowns and sniped the rest. Even though the heavy bodies were discovered (don't have the heavy drag skill as yet), the remaining guys didn't set off the alarms or call in the cavalry.

I'm not sure whether I prefer the alarm mechanic in this game where they need disabling individually or the previous one where disabling one took them all out. :| It's certainly more challenging in 4, but I've seen one or two alarms seemingly impossible to reach.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.80 In reply to 42251.79 
What I don't get is how you can methodically kill each and every defender one by one, leaving their bodies lying around in full view, then you set one of the two remaining heavies on fire and he dies screaming, while the other, not 10 feet away, nonchalantly strolls about muttering imprecations. And nobody thinks to set off the alarm.  :-O
“Return to Cobalt Some of the Trillions Taken Away.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Did the guard the giant statue mission. A bit hairy. RPG is a must.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.82 In reply to 42251.81 
A grenade launcher was all I needed on that one!

I've just done a mission for the crazy lady in charge of the arena and taken down the De Pleur guy.

It involves a lot of sneaking around a heavily guarded base without being detected, taking pictures of the interagation rooms, then a visit to De Pleur's office and a little light kidnapping. All hell then breaks loose as an alarm goes off and you've got to carry him over your shoulder to the nearest car. I somehow found a little nook where the enemies came streaming by one by one, so I could pick them off. It all seemed difficult, until I realised I've gone through it all on the first try. :/
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I just did the one where you have to sneak into a party, snatch a guy and bring him back to the golden path in the trunk of a shitty compact while being chased. Gotta slick little sidearm crossbow and an LMG out of it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

...and they came real handy in the save-the-lab-kill-the-chemist mission. The crossbow is more accurate than the plain bow for mid-long range, and can even get headshots with the optical sight on board. The LMG is surprisingly useful for CQB.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.85 In reply to 42251.83 
It's a great little mission. Have you had the option of killing him (or not) yet?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42251.86 In reply to 42251.85 
Well, I got told to kill him up front, then that changed after I already killed him, then he reincarnated and I had to kill him again. Over and over and over. Then the mission ended when I got out of the brick factory drug lab.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Finished chapter 2, landed in Durgesh prison as a guest of Min, trying to find stuff for a grappling hook but DEMONS!!!  :-@
“my Airbnb guests threw a party for 300 people”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  41–60  61–80  81–100  …  201–211

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats