Games (inc Online)Far Cry 4 $11.99 on Humble

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  graphitone     
42251.207 In reply to 42251.205 
Quote: 
where're you chasing them down in a drug fuelled hallucinatory rage are brilliant and the music is the best I've heard in a game.

I don't remember this, so either I did that mission and found it unmemorable, or I never did it. I'll see if I can pull it up on this, my third go-through (I also spent several months in base-reset mode, which I found very enjoyable and aim to repeat).

I always turn off game music before I even begin, because I find it a distraction and seldom share developers' taste in music (I have teh olds).

It's entirely possible, likely even, that my rig is a shade too underpowered to do justice to this game, e.g. the NPC combat animations are unnaturally quick and jerky, simply because the engine is not optimized as well as in later iterations -- 5, Primal, and ND are all relatively smooth and believable.

Some of the game designers' strategies to overcome ca. 2014 technical limitations by other means are inventive and fairly effective. What they couldn't seem to overcome were conceptual limitations in player engagement. I think what I'm trying to say is, they did the best they could, and it's pretty impressive at that.

The game is really good, but it's been improved on at least in those respects.

“The commission posted a video of a child being pulled under the treadmill. (Warning: this video may be disturbing to some.)”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42251.208 In reply to 42251.207 
Another great drug-addled set piece is the John Woo-influenced shootout in the brick works/drug factory, where as you shoot the sacks, your vision becomes increasingly psychedelic and Panjabi MC's Jogi, his wonderful remix of the Bollywood classic Mundian to Bach Ke, kicks in.

For me, in that context, the music blended perfectly. Aceeeed, as the young ones used to say.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42251.209 In reply to 42251.208 
I wouldn't mind seeing it remastered against latest engine, along with various other tweaks, such as: give Min and the Minions more airtime, with more meaningful player interactions, and remove mandatory side-missions (such as Shangri-La) -- this also applies in spades to FC5.

Not likely, though.  :-(
“The commission posted a video of a child being pulled under the treadmill. (Warning: this video may be disturbing to some.)”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42251.210 In reply to 42251.209 
I dipped into the Vortex VR hack.

Being there was wonderful, but it didn't use the HTC wands and natch you can't see the keyboard controls. If I'd learnt it on a gamepad, it might have been a goer. Also, non-VR optimised ports = motion sickness.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42251.211 In reply to 42251.210 
Looks pretty cool

If anyone is going to get motion sickness in gaming or riding a tightly-sprung auto through rolling hills, it's me.  (puke)
Short of some instruction on this matter, we are reduced to primal screams.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  …  161–180  181–200  201–211

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats