Games (inc Online)Far Cry 4 $11.99 on Humble

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42251.157 In reply to 42251.155 
Quote: 
The ones in FC3, if you accidentally shoot one, they turn their guns on you.

FC4, too. When I finished one game, I tried to get the locals to hate me so much that they would always shoot on sight. You can do it within one session, but it seems to reset if you quit & restart.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.158 In reply to 42251.156 
Is Amita still alive?

You may already be aware of this, but there are interesting post-climactic cut scenes for both Sabal & Amita (depending which fork you took), both of which graphically demonstrate that they are becoming totalitarian monsters .

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.159 In reply to 42251.156 
I watched the let Min live ending on YouTube and it concludes the story in a more satisfying way with a bit more exposition. In fact, I came to the realisation that Min is (torture scenes overlooked) a reasonably decent chap, even if he does have a thing for large choppers.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42251.160 In reply to 42251.158 
Amita was still alive when I finished the game, but I didn't see her pop up in any of the end game cut scenes. I think I got a radio message from her, but that was it. :/
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
42251.161 In reply to 42251.160 
If you want to trigger the cutscene, go to Tirtha.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.162 In reply to 42251.157 
I haven't had that, all I get is the warning and docked karma. They must be on more of a hair-trigger in 3. I've even had them come after me when their jeep got blowed up by a mine I set for the baddies. Speaking of which, I haven't figured out how to access mines in 4.
“I’m old, sedentary and slouch a lot – will standing up at my desk … um, never mind.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.163 In reply to 42251.159 
Yeah I watched that too. Meh. He gives another cute speech, boards a chopper and flies off into the sunset. Not a fitting end for a brutal dictator*. I would have preferred a mob lynch scene. Anyhoo. I have a theory as to why principal characters' interactions are all pre-rendered in both FC3 and 4: if they were presented from the 3d game engine, the difference in quality would be pretty jarring (and this is a standard game trope anyway).

*For that matter, neither was summary execution at the sole discretion of a Westernized interloper, yet here we are.
“I’m old, sedentary and slouch a lot – will standing up at my desk … um, never mind.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.164 In reply to 42251.162 
I don't think I could have got through those irritating mad animal wave attacks without setting up load of mines. Aren't they in the throwables cycle?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.165 In reply to 42251.164 
Not for me, just the meat, nades and molotovs. I find the weapon + ammo + throwable selection menu overly complicated and finicky, would prefer simply key mappings which, TBH, I never looked into.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.166 In reply to 42251.165 
I find the weapon & syringe wheels a faff. I go through stages of bingeing on some elaborate key binding action, then forgetting all about it for days.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.167 In reply to 42251.166 
Christ, I really am lazy AF. https://gaming.stackexchange.com/questions/192996/how-do-i-place-mines
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.168 In reply to 42251.167 
You'll just have to start again.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.169 In reply to 42251.168 
Looking forward to re-doing some base caps now I got all the weaps to play with. I'll probably start minimal and subtle, and go progressively more rambo as I become more inebriated.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.170 In reply to 42251.161 
Ah, thanks - found it tonight. Yep. The previous spoiler comment was right.
She's a total bitch. And you get to take her out as she's walking slowly out of the base, no obvious rewards other than the satisfaction that you've saved the indigenous populace from their fate.

Oops, must have stuck that in a quote box rather than a spolier. (fail)
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.171 In reply to 42251.164 
Planted my first mine with "0". Did a base recap and was amply rewarded.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.172 In reply to 42251.170 
If you leave her alive, she appears to become a Yak rancher - you can find her in a camp by a meadow full of Yaks in the hills. So maybe she gets a fit of conscience or is just living quietly on her ill-gotten gains.

+2/2
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.173 In reply to 42251.171 
They're useful things when you can be arsed to use them. Like the fancy arrows & - to a lesser extent - the syringes.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.174 In reply to 42251.173 
I use them a lot in FC3, one of the first things I do is mine the roads leading into the base, then set off the alarm and wait for the fireworks.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.175 In reply to 42251.174 
I've tried planning my attack like that a fair few times, but either get too close and get detected or a sniper picks me up when I'm creeping around and then things 'escalate'.

I need to work on my sneaking skills.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.176 In reply to 42251.175 
It's easier if you plant them up the road and out of sight, but generally I find the enemies are oblivious to anything outside the walls until shit happens. Another way to do it is set mines for random passing patrol to get them all stirred up and distracted, get into the main building and shoot them from the windows. Note I have yet to try this in FC4.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  101–120  121–140  141–160  161–180  …  201–211

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats