Games (inc Online)Far Cry 4 $11.99 on Humble

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Finished up Longinus missions, unlocking weapons of gratuitous value, because they are just variations on weapons classes (actually this has been a FC4 flaw throughout)   :-|

Killed Yummy  :-O~~~

Killed Sabal   :-((  :-((  :-((

Hiked all over hell's half-acre blasting the living shit out of enemy vehicles and wildlife (bears, mostly) with the elephant gun  :-D

I still haven't needed, or figured out how to use the damn herbal injections for 30-seconds worth of supposed super-powers. It shows like a 5-key combo, which I'm not really motivated to work my fingers into the right spots for.
“I’m old, sedentary and slouch a lot – will standing up at my desk … um, never mind.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42251.142 In reply to 42251.141 
I never used a syringe other than for healing from start to finish (did the last mission tonight.  :-O~~~ )

I went down the same path you did, I've taken Sabal out and Pagan too. I believe there's various ways of completing these missions and letting them live, but for this play through I've gone all terminator.

TBH I thought there'd be more payoff of the story at the end, but maybe that's because I was a bastard and took out all the protagonists. :/
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
42251.143 In reply to 42251.142 
Just started the attack on Min's palace but had to abort because I brought the wrong load out, left the buzzsaw home.
“I’m old, sedentary and slouch a lot – will standing up at my desk … um, never mind.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.144 In reply to 42251.142 
I used to use the underwatery kits quite a lot when I was mopping up the loot boxes (I managed all but one from a time-limited level) and the berzerker one for occasional fun.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.145 In reply to 42251.143 
Yeah, that's not a mission that rewards subtlety.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42251.146 In reply to 42251.144 
I've still got a fair few hostage, assassination and hunting missions to do, so may do a bit of experimenting with the concoctions.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.147 In reply to 42251.143 
It's curious, but I've never had much trouble with Min's Palace. Maybe it's because I always play a really completist game, so by the time I get to the central mission climax I'm as well equipped as I can be.

I've always worked my way up the hill in a vehicle with a mounted gun for as long as possible, then gone off-road.

Don't forget to loot Min's body for a nice little Easter egg.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.148 In reply to 42251.147 
Oh I've got all the biggest and baddest on tap, but I like a bit of a challenge, so I swapped out the buzzsaw for an assault rifle before I knew what I was getting into, and brought the suppressed z93 (not especially useful), ripper SMG (very useful, but I reckon the spas will be more so), and the completely useless crossbow, will swap that for the one-hander GL.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.149 In reply to 42251.145 
Did you try shelling it with the GL from the buzzer first, or just charge in through the front gate?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.150 In reply to 42251.149 
I tried with the GL from the buzzer, but there seems to be a cap on how high you can fly in that area, presumably to stop you from flying over the top in a buzzer and shelling the place with the grenade launcher. I then tried hovering around just below the outer wall height and took a few guys out that way, but it was fairly banal.
In the end I stormed through the front gate, with the buzzsaw.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.151 In reply to 42251.147 
Did you both find that the ally AI was lacking somewhat? There were numerous times I drove away from a karma event or a liberated base and the golden path would literally walk into my vehicle's path instead of hoofing it away.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.152 In reply to 42251.151 
They're always getting mowed down by random drivers. They're also adept at stepping in front of my firing gun.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.153 In reply to 42251.150 
Yeah it seems the waves of attackers are triggered by walking into different areas of the palace.

Strange thing happened to me: I tried to throw a grenade, my indicator showed zero grenades (after I just did an ammo refill), then I used the mousewheel and it said 15 (full loadout), but when I threw grenades sometimes they just lay on the ground and didn't explode, and sometimes they did explode.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.154 In reply to 42251.151 
Yeah, they're not the best and the brightest, which is annoying when you lose karma after one of them walks under your vehicle or into your line of fire.

+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.155 In reply to 42251.154 
They're friendly and hand out cash. What's not to like?

The ones in FC3, if you accidentally shoot one, they turn their guns on you.
+2/2
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Finished it. The palace/fort/whatever battle was fairly epic, though not too hard with the GL/spas/buzzsaw combo (brought the elephant gun but never used it). I'm a bit disappointed at how passively Sabal and Min accepted their fate, didn't even have bodyguards, personal defense weapons, or attempt to escape.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.157 In reply to 42251.155 
Quote: 
The ones in FC3, if you accidentally shoot one, they turn their guns on you.

FC4, too. When I finished one game, I tried to get the locals to hate me so much that they would always shoot on sight. You can do it within one session, but it seems to reset if you quit & restart.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.158 In reply to 42251.156 
Is Amita still alive?

You may already be aware of this, but there are interesting post-climactic cut scenes for both Sabal & Amita (depending which fork you took), both of which graphically demonstrate that they are becoming totalitarian monsters .

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.159 In reply to 42251.156 
I watched the let Min live ending on YouTube and it concludes the story in a more satisfying way with a bit more exposition. In fact, I came to the realisation that Min is (torture scenes overlooked) a reasonably decent chap, even if he does have a thing for large choppers.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.160 In reply to 42251.158 
Amita was still alive when I finished the game, but I didn't see her pop up in any of the end game cut scenes. I think I got a radio message from her, but that was it. :/
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  101–120  121–140  141–160  161–180  …  201–211

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats