Games (inc Online)Far Cry 4 $11.99 on Humble

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  graphitone     
42251.121 In reply to 42251.120 
I think I've only done one S-L mission, the one with the magic tiger. The graphical treatment was pretty interesting, even though the demon CQB soon became tedious. The corresponding 'magic realism' missions in FC3 shared this quality.
“Have you seen feet? They look like bits of mangled swamp wood.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42251.122 In reply to 42251.116 
Just done the boss level, it was tricky the first time and I got taken out by the legion of demons, but beat it on the second go after I figured out the timings - you've got a scant few seconds where you can either heal or shoot the boss, so you miss a few rounds where the boss is vulnerable when you're patching yourself up, but it's rinse and repeat and you eventually get there.

I actually enjoyed the 4th level of the sequence where you rescue an elephant and you get to ride it around, makes the whole level that bit easier. I thought you might be able to control it and the tiger at the same time, issuing commands to both, but while the tiger remains responsive el Pachederm just goes wherever he damn well likes.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.123 In reply to 42251.122 
Glad it was easier for you. It took me effing ages.

Does your reference to riding heffalumps in Shangri La imply that you haven't mastered riding them in the ordinary game world yet?  They're one of the pleasures of the game: it's great fun to take an outpost on one (though we're not talking alarm-free stealth take-downs).

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.124 In reply to 42251.123 
I've got the elephant riding skill and using them to take on a base is lots of fun. I was surprised the game gives you what is essentially a tank in those levels where other items in the arsenal are pared back.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     graphitone     
42251.125 In reply to 42251.124 
I *almost* went for a ride last night while I was randomly wandering/driving/buzzing around.
“Have you seen feet? They look like bits of mangled swamp wood.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42251.126 In reply to 42251.125 
Got to the mission where you take Yuma out last night. I'm not a fan of these boss fights in dream sequences where you wake up and find the real decimation you've caused all around. I can see the designers are mixing things up, and creating variety, but it was the same in FC3, the fights were reduced to drug addled hallucinations where you're fighting something ridiculous or they resort to quick time events.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.127 In reply to 42251.126 
I hate those. I've had a grand time for the past two evenings waltzing around looking for trouble, and finding it.
“If there is a concrete wall in front of you, go through it” – Donald Trump, 2004
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.128 In reply to 42251.106 
I've done the missions for Reggie and Yogi now, is the Easter egg you're talking about the weird pipe thing that transports you randomly about the map?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.129 In reply to 42251.128 
It is. I think it's meant to be a telescopic fishing rod. A magic, teleporting fishing rod.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Is anyone playing the multiplayer of far cry 5 here? What's the experience like in comparison to FC4?

APPROVED: 16 Jan 2019 11:04 by MILKO

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Captured all the bases, got the buzzsaw LMG. Takes out a heavy with one burst, accurate to ~150 feet. Also got that rare leopard that gets you the biggest ammo bag with just a regular assault rifle.
“I’m old, sedentary and slouch a lot – will standing up at my desk … um, never mind.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.132 In reply to 42251.131 
The buzzsaw makes things so much easier. I took Mins fortress on the first go with it. I choppered in with the one handed grenade launcher, took out a sniper nest, landed there and fought off all the enemies from that vantage point, a few helicopters landed where I did but the buzzsaw is equally good at taking out airborne vehicles as it is heavies and jeeps.

I completed all the outposts too over the last few days, the odd thing was that when I had two or three left to do, the disc jockey chap came on the radio congratulating me for liberating them all.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.133 In reply to 42251.131 
All their base are belong to you.

The buzzsaw is a loadout staple. It's hard to lose a skirmish if you've got it in your grab-bag.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.134 In reply to 42251.133 
It's like the Z93 with a suppressor attached -- it makes it too easy, which is like, I've only got 15 minutes 'til supper and I really need to capture that outpost. It is fun to fearlessly set off the alarms and mow down the ensuing waves of attackers, or kill them all undetected from a mountaintop far away.
“I’m old, sedentary and slouch a lot – will standing up at my desk … um, never mind.”
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.135 In reply to 42251.134 
You're not undetected for long with that thing though. How did you find capturing the fortresses? I struggled a bit on Yuma's but other than that they weren't that different from the outposts. When I play through again doing the Sabal missions, I'll ramp up the difficulty for more of a challenge.

I'd already got the perk for capturing two outposts undetected, so other than kudos and self satisfaction there's no reason not to go into them all guns that buzzsaw gun blazing.

I've reached the Amita mission where she's essentially said 'there's no going back after this point, make sure you've completed all the other things you want to do', so the end game must be nigh.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.136 In reply to 42251.135 
The un-weakened fortresses (owners not assassinated first) were easier than many outposts IMO, Min's was a bit harder, because you have to fly over and crash-land on the cliff behind undetected, but once you killed the roof guys with suppressed sniper fire for the long shots, and the crossbow up close, you have easy access to a mortar, stationary HMG, and even an RPG in case the cavalry get called in.

I'm gonna do the hard difficulty next too, but I still have to complete story missions (I haven't even done the attack faux-Min yet), Y + R Shangri-La and whatnot. Pretty sure I got all the Longinus. I also want to try out the rest of the locked superguns, the wire-guided rocket launcher &ct.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.137 In reply to 42251.136 
I think you get the guided rocket launcher as a bonus for doing the last Longinus mission. He witters something about going to Cuba and packs his diamonds into the back of a car while leaving you with the present.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.138 In reply to 42251.137 
Ah ok, I was reviewing youtubes to figure what I missed and thought I'd completed all 4. Maybe I failed one and forgot about it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.139 In reply to 42251.138 
It only popped up for me after doing a specific mission - can't remember which, but I think it was a story one.

The icon for him appears in the NW of the northern area.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42251.140 In reply to 42251.139 
That'll be it, haven't done any in the north yet.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  …  81–100  101–120  121–140  141–160  …  201–211

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats