HardwarePi install

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42216.61 In reply to 42216.60 
Alrighty then. Concept art at the top of the folder, which is what it all should look like by the end of this week. :)

linky

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone      
42216.62 In reply to 42216.61 
Where's the pi thingy?
“restaurant sues TV chef Gordon Ramsay, claims ‘Kitchen Nightmares’ scenes ‘fabricated’”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42216.63 In reply to 42216.62 
It's in a box at the moment. The electricians are doing their 2nd fit this week, so it'll go in then. It's going to sit above the work top where they've put a clock on the 3d drawings. There's 3 double power sockets going along there and it'll sit above the middle one. The power leads are going to go to a double socket hidden in the cupboard underneath, so we won't have any cable clutter. The screen and case I've got don't have an easy way of mounting it all into a recess, so I've got a tablet mounting bracket kit; all it contains is 2 small U shaped bits of plastic that screw into the wall and you drop your kit into them.

The screen needs the protection of the case I've got it mounted in, but it's only ~5mm thick, so isn't going to stand out too much. I would have preferred to have it flush in the wall or something like this, but that's hideously expensive for what it is.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42216.64 In reply to 42216.63 
O.M.G. that is expensive. A flat screen with a case to fit a back box and not much change from £500 with tax. Couldn't you put something together with a screen like this and an ordinary back box from Screwfix or somewhere? 

And having reread your post, that's pretty well what you're doing, almost.
never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42216.65 In reply to 42216.64 
Just had another look at that Amazon ad. If that's a 7 inch touch screen then that's a teeny weeny hand.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42216.66 In reply to 42216.65 
Of Trumpian proportions.

The only issue I think we'll have is that the gubbins on the back of the Pi sticks out a fair way at the back and I'm going to have to (for want of a better expression) "roll" it into the brackets, then slide it down into them, so the hole in the wall is going to have to be bigger than it needs to be.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42216.67 In reply to 42216.64 
Or just buy a netbook...

https://www.laptopsdirect.co.uk/c/laptops-and-netbooks?sortOrder=1
“OxyContin Billionaire Patents Drug To Treat Opioid Addiction”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42216.68 In reply to 42216.67 
 :'C
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42216.69 In reply to 42216.68 
Would that even work, or would you need arduinie connection bits?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42216.70 In reply to 42216.69 
Yeah, I could just plug a pair of speakers into a laptop and do it like that, but y'know, it's not as good is it?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42216.71 In reply to 42216.70 
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42216.72 In reply to 42216.71 
If only my effort were as sophisticated...
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42216.73 In reply to 42216.64 
What annoys me about products like that is the spec for the screen is rubbish. 800x480 on a 7" screen is absolutely awful. I'd expect a minimum of 1024x600, and even that's not great.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
42216.74 In reply to 42216.73 
S'right. For what i need it for though, it's amply sufficient. I'm not going to be viewing photos, watching too many things (though it's nice to have the option to put some TV show on in the background while cooking), it's going to be used mainly for radio and streaming music from my NAS.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42216.75 In reply to 42216.72 
Be careful what you wish for...
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
42216.76 In reply to 42216.73 
Well, the one I linked to is 1024x600, but yes, most of them are terrible. The Farnell 7" screen is 800x480 and £15 more expensive.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Well, here's a cheaper case/bezel (@ £12.48), probably not quite the build quality though

I was surprised to see the screen also works with windows 7-10. Trying to think of the uses (/idle speculation) of a small touchscreen to supplement my display, which I sometimes forget is not a touchscreen.

“Novelist who wrote ‘How to Murder Your Husband’ charged with murdering her husband”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42216.78 In reply to 42216.77 
That's the case I've got - unfortunately the amp and DAC I've got attached to the back come out way beyond the removable blanking plate. It's supposed to be wall mountable, but I've had to file out one of the screw mounts as the circuit boards just didn't fit (it's fine if you're just mounting the pi in it), so there's only the one mounting hole, but it's not practical to hang it off one screw somewhere in the recess cut out for it. If you were to surface mount it, there's a good 5cm that will stand off from the wall.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42216.79 In reply to 42216.78 
You can't stick the pi in a nearby cabinet and just mount the display?
“However bad you thought the oldest human drawing would be, it’s worse.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42216.80 In reply to 42216.79 
That's an alternative, but I'd need an extension to the ribbon display cable that the screen uses. I'm not sure how long a length they're available in.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  41–60  61–80  81–92

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats