GeneralShow Me Your...

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
...Photos!

Post a recent picture you did that's interesting - with as loose a definition of interesting as you like, so long as you explain why you like it.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
42202.2 In reply to 42202.1 
I'm not sure why, but of all the photos I took in Acadia National Park this one seems to be my favourite. Every time it appears on my photo frame screen I look at it and think "I really like that one". Possibly the composition of the rocks at the front, it being a nice day, a nice place.
Some here may have already seen it on Facebook but this version is developed better.

html>
+2/2
 Reply   Quote More 

42202.3 In reply to 42202.1 

I like this because it shows one of MrsD.'s collages http://www.theartofcollage.com/xhtml/index.php and our big screen tv.

“Mitch McConnell, besides being a craven hypocrite, is also a vicious were-turtle, who, by the light of the full moon, develops a ravenous lust for fucking shoes, particularly old sweaty Crocs”
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42202.4 In reply to 42202.1 
I've just set this as my background picture on Facebook. It's not perfect; I couldn't get it to pose quite right, It kept messing about with its paws and in the end I took the shot rather than get nothing. It's not badly composed, insofar as it is composed. I like it because it pleases me. No idea why, other that it's a nice-looking fox cub.
never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42202.5 In reply to 42202.3 
Superb.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
42202.6 In reply to 42202.2 
Eagle Lake?
“Mitch McConnell, besides being a craven hypocrite, is also a vicious were-turtle, who, by the light of the full moon, develops a ravenous lust for fucking shoes, particularly old sweaty Crocs”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42202.7 In reply to 42202.6 
Jordan Pond
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ANT_THOMAS     
42202.8 In reply to 42202.2 
Yeah, both the sweep of the rocks and that they visually balance the clouds. Having interesting water definitely helps a lot - a deep lake wouldn't look as nice.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42202.9 In reply to 42202.4 
> I couldn't get it to pose quite right, It kept messing about with its paws

Well at least you got it to pose at all - is a lot harder to coerce birds and bees into facing the right way.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42202.10 In reply to 42202.3 
So is the tree kept up all year, or do you dislike other decorations?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42202.11 In reply to 42202.10 
On Canada Day, we light it and throw it off our balcony instead of fireworks.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42202.12 In reply to 42202.1 
It's a tunnel, it worked well in black and white and I like the lighting, the textures in the grass and the man made, but natural looking element.

Attachments:

+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
42202.13 In reply to 42202.12 
Strictly speaking that's monochrome not black and white, although I just desaturated it and do prefer it without any hue.

It's got weird edges - is it a scanned/photoed print?

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42202.14 In reply to 42202.13 
Bah, you and your techno speak. But yes. However, if'n I went into the photo shop and asked for a monochrome film, they might look at me funny. You're right though, it's scanned (I do still shoot with film. Sometimes) and I think the scanning process lent it a slight tint.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42202.15 In reply to 42202.14 
Go into a photo shop and ask for any film and they'll look at you funny - even a decade ago film users were a peculiar bunch, now they're like the freakshow at those old circuses. :P

To the best of my vague and incomplete knowledge of the archaic technology, the film is b&w - you do darkroom processing to add a sepia/selenium/cyanotype/etc tone and make a b&w image monochrome. Or use a cheap scanner. :D

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42202.16 In reply to 42202.15 
My local [-ish] photo shop sells loads of film and no funny looks

https://www.downtowncamera.com/category/film/

(I only shoot film, and it's getting real hard to find)
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42202.17 In reply to 42202.12 
I like this shot. The tint gives it an olde timey look.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42202.18 In reply to 42202.10 
Here's a bunch of trees falling from the upper stories of our building -- and yes, here in the North we do get blizzards on Canada Day

“My contact with Guccifer 2.0 was benign”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42202.19 In reply to 42202.18 
Where should I be looking - I can only see planted trees, nothing falling or alight?

Also, the one in your room is plastic... :/

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42202.20 In reply to 42202.19 
They didn't use enough lighter fluid. Brats on the ground will take care of that.
“Defend yourself against a clan of genetic mutant enemies that have beliefs, families, morals and that appear almost human”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–22

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats