Music, Film, TV & BooksYour favorite songs all the time!

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  graphitone     
42196.12 In reply to 42196.11 
Some good choices in there.  If you like Gregorian chant, try one I mentioned earlier: Columba Aspexit, by the Abbess Hildegard of Bingen.  Try and find the version by Emma Kirkby and The Gothic Voices (I think).

It's plainsong, not Gregorian, but it's stunning.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Thank you so much dude. Actually I am newbie here and love to hear different kind of songs all the time. Whenever I don't have much work in hand I listen music. 
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42196.14 In reply to 42196.12 
Just checked it out on Youtube, which didn't yield the version you mentioned, but one the one I did find, wow, that's beautiful piece. I wonder what the instrumentation is?

I want it to be a bladderpipe, inasmuch as it's a funny name. I suspect it's a kind of early harpsicord.

Edit: Also found this version. I have no idea why the pianist got a credit for this :C
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
42196.15 In reply to 42196.14 
Despite the lack of ascription, that's the Kirkby/Gothic Voices version. 

I would have gone with some kind of drone harmonium - the sort they use a lot in Indian classical - but my sleeve notes say it's a reed drone, so I guess something a bit bagpipey.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–15

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats