Music, Film, TV & BooksYour favorite songs all the time!

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Hello all,

I am new to this community. I would like to know your interest about music. What's your favorite music all the time. I love melody songs all the time. What about you?

Thank you!

APPROVED: 12 Jul 2018 14:01 by MATT

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Philander99     
42196.2 In reply to 42196.1 
The "Barney" theme song. So moving it makes me weep every time I hear it, which is about a hundred times a day.

Do you philander much?
“Mitch McConnell, besides being a craven hypocrite, is also a vicious were-turtle, who, by the light of the full moon, develops a ravenous lust for fucking shoes, particularly old sweaty Crocs”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42196.3 In reply to 42196.1 
I love dirges.

What do you love, Philander?  Does it involve paid-for-proxies or SEO services?  You seem like that kind of guy.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42196.4 In reply to 42196.1 
Do you have a flake in your head?
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42196.5 In reply to 42196.1 
I love a jaunty morris dance tune. The sound of wood on wood is a joyous thing.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42196.6 In reply to 42196.1 
Mr Blobby.
Blobby, oh Mr Blobby, if only you could make us understand

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  All     
42196.7 In reply to 42196.6 
Alright then, it's as good an idea for a thread as any, so srsly, what is everyone's favourite tune/song/soundscape? Is that too difficult to distill down? My favourite changes on pretty much a daily basis.
Even a top 5 would be tricky.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

that spam song's funny, do you like that one, Philander99? Actually it's not that funny really is it.

I would really struggle to pick a top 5 song/tune/scape thing. A top 20 would be hard. oof, nope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJH4gXRtvSY
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
42196.9 In reply to 42196.7 
Mine changes from week to week, it's a very oddball mix too. Stuff I remember from when I was a kid to stuff I never heard until I randomly picked it up at the lieberry. Latest in that category is Monkey Junk though, TBH, I've only listened to one or two tracks from the cd I ripped. I don't listen to music all that much.
“Mitch McConnell, besides being a craven hypocrite, is also a vicious were-turtle, who, by the light of the full moon, develops a ravenous lust for fucking shoes, particularly old sweaty Crocs”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42196.10 In reply to 42196.7 
One is impossible, though if pressed, I'd go for Eric Serra's scrap (it really is) Learning Time on his soundtrack to Nikita. I love it anyway, & two of my kids were born to it.

But following, separated only by a cigarette paper's thickness, would be; Beatles, Tomorrow Never Knows, Andy Sheppard, Romantic Conversations, John Tavener, Song for Athene, Hildegard of Bingen, Columba Aspexit, Orchestra Makassy, Mambo Bado, James Taylor, Sweet Baby James, Miles Davis, So What </stops arbitrarily>

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42196.11 In reply to 42196.10 
I'd not heard the Eric Serra track before. I have now and I like it, though that sort of music's not to my taste, I can appreciate the musicianship. I like a lyric and the power of the human voice. I love some of Arvo Part's compositions, Litany is especially good. To that end I like Gregorian Chant, not a specific track but just enjoy the style, which is pure vocals.

My favourite songs of the moment are:

The Decemberists - O Valencia
Pearl Jam - Down
Deer Tick - Balitmore Blues
Tired Pony - The Good Book
Eels - Railroad Man
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42196.12 In reply to 42196.11 
Some good choices in there.  If you like Gregorian chant, try one I mentioned earlier: Columba Aspexit, by the Abbess Hildegard of Bingen.  Try and find the version by Emma Kirkby and The Gothic Voices (I think).

It's plainsong, not Gregorian, but it's stunning.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Thank you so much dude. Actually I am newbie here and love to hear different kind of songs all the time. Whenever I don't have much work in hand I listen music. 
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42196.14 In reply to 42196.12 
Just checked it out on Youtube, which didn't yield the version you mentioned, but one the one I did find, wow, that's beautiful piece. I wonder what the instrumentation is?

I want it to be a bladderpipe, inasmuch as it's a funny name. I suspect it's a kind of early harpsicord.

Edit: Also found this version. I have no idea why the pianist got a credit for this :C
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42196.15 In reply to 42196.14 
Despite the lack of ascription, that's the Kirkby/Gothic Voices version. 

I would have gone with some kind of drone harmonium - the sort they use a lot in Indian classical - but my sleeve notes say it's a reed drone, so I guess something a bit bagpipey.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–15

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats