Games (inc Online)FarCry 3 Can.$8.83 on Steam next ~4-hours

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
Radio towers are becoming annoyingly difficult to climb. I've actually died more times from misjudged leaps than from combat (well maybe. I lost count).
“Canada has been taking advantage of the niceness of the United States”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42180.62 In reply to 42180.60 
The story in FC3 thus far (and I'm about 80% through, no hurry to complete), or at least the way it's presented, is its weakest element. A lot weaker than Dead Island I & II (and they were no great shakes), slight improvement over Call of Juarez Gunslinger (execrable). The things that make it all worthwhile IMO are the superb open world (stunning), environmental effects in said world (ditto), vehicles, combat (really good bots), animals, hunting tha' animals, being mauled by tha' animals, and watching the animals run amok (or just graze peacefully). Weapons, weapons and crafting systems are *pretty good* and adequate for gameplay, I've had better. It all adds up to a great game flawed, but not ruined by a weak (ludicrous, frankly) story.
“Canada has been taking advantage of the niceness of the United States”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42180.63 In reply to 42180.62 
If you think the story in FC3 is risible, I can't wait for you to have a pop at 4, Primal or 5...

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.64 In reply to 42180.60 
Cool, thanks. When I've got some free time (don't get much of that at the mo) I'll have a look at FC3.

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

All their bases are belong to me.  (woot)
Last one I shot down a helicopter with the assault rifle.

Now I have to go back to the story.

I sure hope storming the big-ass prison is part of the story.

Ah. It's not a prison, it's a "fortress" http://ca.ign.com/wikis/far-cry-3/All_In
“Mitch McConnell, besides being a craven hypocrite, is also a vicious were-turtle, who, by the light of the full moon, develops a ravenous lust for fucking shoes, particularly old sweaty Crocs”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.66 In reply to 42180.65 
Was FC3 the first one with a 'stop all bases are belong to you' button in the options menu?  It's always worth one or two pops.  Keeps the love alive.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.67 In reply to 42180.66 
Apparently you can reload the bases after completing the game (including the story) with the latest patch (1.05), which I believe I have, but AFAIK you can't before that. It doesn't reset any man/beast hunts you already completed though. I am already looking forward to replaying on a higher difficulty level -- after getting all the best weapons, I find it's unbalanced.
“Mitch McConnell, besides being a craven hypocrite, is also a vicious were-turtle, who, by the light of the full moon, develops a ravenous lust for fucking shoes, particularly old sweaty Crocs”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.68 In reply to 42180.67 
It does get unbalanced - and there's a pleasure in tearing through the last few bases - but yes, I did exactly the same; cranked up the animosity in the reruns

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.69 In reply to 42180.68 
I reckon it's the ability to take a base by sniping alone that makes it feel unbalanced.

Enjoying the sustained CQB firefights in the final missions, hated the phony knife "fight". I tried leaving the rocket launcher home, big mistake. Luckily I could pick one up here and there to deal with heavies. I even was able to gun down all the enemies (including three choppers, a bunch of jeeps with HMGs, and multiple RPG dudes) in the final helicopter escape on the first try.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.70 In reply to 42180.69 
Time for FC4. The moment your life has been leading up to.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.71 In reply to 42180.70 
Gotta hone my sneakin around skills and get the bad taste of the ending out of my mouth. Pah!
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

After resetting the bases (and losing all the fast-travels :-O ) I left the sniper rifle home and killed three pirates from close range using the "Shadow" suppressed pistol. I could've carried on without triggering the alarm, but I like bringing in reinforcements to these understaffed outposts.

Oh yeah, the ending was beyond stupid but, like, dude were on drugs :O) .
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.73 In reply to 42180.72 
Did you see both endings?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  graphitone     
42180.74 In reply to 42180.73 
One was enough.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.75 In reply to 42180.74 
Fair point.

My memory's a tad hazy remind me of the ending - is that bit where you can either kill or procreate with the warrior woman the end, or is there a bit after that?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.76 In reply to 42180.75 
She kills you. After you procreate. Then you turn up alive, as a "Survivor" (slightly higher difficulty).
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Anyone try this mod? https://www.nexusmods.com/farcry3/mods/63?tab=description

I dl and will be giving it a try in the near -ish future.
“The truth about Build-A-Bear's day of mayhem”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.78 In reply to 42180.77 
Not tried that mod, but looking at the list associated with it, it would seem a sensible enhancement of what you've already got to play with in the game. Don't think I'd bother with the hardcore one, but regular sounds good.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.79 In reply to 42180.78 
Yeah, I got the regular to try out, I haven't got the 1000s of hours to learn hardcore. I'm finding the base cap's a lot tougher without the full slaughter 'em all load out (unmodded game). Last night I had to run over heavies with a jeep after I used up my nades and molotovs. I think I like the regular .45 ACP over the shredder for an SMG, but the bizon is the deadliest.
“The truth about Build-A-Bear's day of mayhem”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I tried the mod last night. Right after I installed it and started FC, steam ran FC updates on me, so I'm not sure it got nuked. Anyway game play does seem considerably more balanced on the "Hard" setting, but that could be down to early days limited weapons, health & skills. I'll need to review exactly what this mod is supposed to do to figure out if I need to reinstall it.

Edit: Yeah ok, it definitely got nuked. Need to disable automatic updates then.
“if people in poverty are more susceptible to doing drugs then giving more money to them will give more money to drug dealers who buy guns.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  41–60  61–80  81–96

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats