Games (inc Online)FarCry 3 Can.$8.83 on Steam next ~4-hours

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  graphitone     
42180.41 In reply to 42180.40 
Why can't all those fuckers let me burn their dope in peace?!

:-@
“More tigers live in US back yards than in the wild”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
42180.42 In reply to 42180.39 
Odd: I walked it. And stumbled through many others. It's teh horses for courses thang, I guess.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
42180.43 In reply to 42180.42 
My base-capturing method is to snipe until pirates are manageable numbers then move in. Not working in this one as they seem to spawn out of nowhere and swarm me. I have made it to the fishing village after burning all the fields before being overwhelmed. Actually I was down to the heavy last try, should have switched to the flamethrower. I read a walkthrough for a more plausible approach, also may try a different loadout as the F1 seems a tad lightweight for the task.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.44 In reply to 42180.43 
My greatest pleasure is to snipe from a distance until there's just the boss(es) left, then move in with the melee weapons. I feel I've missed my true vocation.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.45 In reply to 42180.44 
FC3 is a bit thin on the melee weapons as compared to Dead Island. Still, the pirates have an edge on zombies for being truly dangerous. Anyhoo I used the same method then torched the heavy with the flame thrower to finish. Now I'm stuck in a frog pond trying to keep a helpless ninny alive and it's pissing me right off.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Well, it went all Indiana Jones.

:-O  :-/  8-O  (dance)
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.47 In reply to 42180.46 
The story? Have you completed it then? ISTR two endings, one which was violent. The other was violent and a bit blue.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.48 In reply to 42180.47 
No, haven't finished. Finished the cave o' Chinese treasures. Haven't made it to South Island yet. Looking forward to more base captures there. The story mixes up some decent firefights with hokey cut scenes. Like many a video game.

Liking my current load out with an m4 AR (non-auto), shotgun, shredder SMG and suppressed sniper rifle with high- power scope.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Firefights getting better, story is tanking. Way too many cut scenes of pre-rendered 'boss fights' involving space bar 'mashing' and clicking mouse buttons on cue.

Speaking of tigers, I killed a heavy with a tiger. So that was cool.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.50 In reply to 42180.49 
I started playing FC3 again last night, it looks way better than I remember it. :)

I've only escaped from the slave camp and unlocked the first radio tower, but I'm noticing little asides and references in the opening scenes that make more sense now since I've played through it the once.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.51 In reply to 42180.50 
I got stuck on one mission and had to resort to god mode unlimited health to put it out of my misery.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

So I made it to the Southern lsland after an improbably difficult firefight and several other bullshit cut scenes. Glad I brought the grenade launcher. Damn, it's like the game designers were kids on dope making up puerile schlock to meet an impossible deadline. Go Ubi. Anyhoo.
“Canada has been taking advantage of the niceness of the United States”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.53 In reply to 42180.52 
You love it. Dirty game.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.54 In reply to 42180.53 
Got beat in a manhunt for the first time last night. Unlike all the bases, this one was at the top of the hill instead of bottom. And the guards were clustered together so picking them off undetected was a non-starter. And the heavys have super-armour. I reckon I needed the grenade launcher.

But wait, there's more:  (bounce) I discovered you can't do a takedown of a heavy, but you can still kill him with the knife by slashing it back and forth a few times. Considering they can take two clips of AR rounds in the head without flinching this is... illogical. The one other bright spot in this dismal deathslog was I was able at one point to pick up an RPG launcher from a dead guard and blow away a heavy with it at the same instant he mowed me down with LMG fire.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Hmmph. This is showing the east ridge camp wanted dead (one that has me stumped) with all takedowns -- including the heavys!  >-O

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

So I went back to the coke machine and took out an RPG launcher. Improbably accurate at long distance, like a sniper cannon (and strangely less effective at mid to close range). Heavies problem solved. You can actually kill two (in close proximity) with one shot.  :-O~~~
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.57 In reply to 42180.54 
The Grenade Launcher is an essential in my loadout. When the shit hits the fan, as it occasionally does, the grenade launcher will take out most heavies and many clusters with a single shot. You soon get expert at judging the distance at which it can be fired without killing yourself as well - and it's probably unfeasibly close.  It's also useful for continuing to soften up enemy outposts from height after your sniper ammo runs out or you've been detected.  Plus it's huge fun firing from a buzzer.

My loadout tends to be the aforementioned grenade launcher, the best sniper rifle I have access to, ditto best LMG and a last weapon bespoke to the mission - often the recurve bow or a missile launcher.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

I've never played any Far Cry games. I might give it a go. Which one should I start with?

Me
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42180.59 In reply to 42180.57 
I put away the grenade launcher and LMG for the last couple of posts as it was becoming boringly easy. New fun is killing everyone on a jeep with a HMG turret, driving it into the base and using the HMG to hose it down.
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Chris (CHRISSS)     
42180.60 In reply to 42180.58 
3, I reckon.  It's probably the best story and you'll know from playing it whether or not you'll enjoy the franchise.

Then 4 for the tweaks to the gameplay and for the script & voice acting of Pagan Min.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All  

1–20  21–40  41–60  61–80  81–96

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats