Music, Film, TV & BooksMute - TWR

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  milko     
42169.3 In reply to 42169.2 
It was really disappointing. I wanted to like it, because it's Duncan Jones, and it's cyberpunk-esque, and there are elements that have an early William Gibson vibe to them - it could have been an adaptation of a forgotten Sprawl story, EXCEPT that the cyberpunk/science fiction aspect extends only to the setting/visuals, and all of the potentially interesting directions it could have gone in remain frustratingly uninvestigated, and the story is muddled and badly paced, and it gets BORING.

You know how when Blade Runner 2049 came out, I expressed relief that they hadn't fucked it up? BR2049's not 100% perfect, but it followed on from the original in a very satisfying and inventive way and I really rate it. Mute is like the Blade Runner sequel from the alternative version of reality where they fucked it up.

BR2049 >>>>> Scarlett in The Shell >>> Mute

Kenny
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Kenny J (WINGNUTKJ)      
42169.4 In reply to 42169.3 
ooh, shit, that's a worrying one to drop three whole > above it!

I guess I'll get around to it sometime when I'm home alone for the night and in the mood for just some/any sci-fi.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–4

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats