GeneralI made a music video...

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
...and I'm looking for some honest feedback. Anyone care to oblige?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uDQurBjCAnY

Rob me at gun point with crowbars and knives,
I don't care anymore, been robbed my whole life.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Wayne (SCOREZ2000)     
42055.2 In reply to 42055.1 
Impressive! What did you shoot with? Edit?

Is the song about Donald Trump?
“Developer makes luxury living more affordable”
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

42055.3 In reply to 42055.1 
Hey Wayne!

i don't know shit about editing or metal music videos so... 
  1. why's it have a title caption at the start? Do they need that? If they do, sort your layout out. I think the text/logo should be a bit smaller so it can have a bit more breathing space.
  2. Cool music video man! Looks pro. Well done! If I were making one, which I'm not and never have, I think I'd try putting some really fast cuts in at certain points in the song (like, say, when the drummer hits lots of drums really fast) to try and give the video a similar energy. At some points during this I was a bit like the video is kind of relaxing compared to the music. The flipside of that is that I'm not used to being able to see so clearly what the different people are doing for eg on guitar solos so that was nice. Closeups of the string bending and whatnot. Cool!
  3. At the end with the where to buy and captions and whatnot. Change to a nicer font (what is that, Arial?)! Don't write 'www.facebook' and stuff it's not cool. Maybe use icons instead and make 'em clickable, you already have the text in the vid description. Or at least just drop the www. and ending with / stuff. I think these layouts still need work, go seek out some examples to copy and learn from as I think it makes the difference between a truly pro presentation and a 'keen amateur' one.

Anyway, good to see you about and all that! Feel free to tell me to get stuffed with my feedback :)
milko
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  milko     
42055.4 In reply to 42055.3 
Appreciate the feedback, and there's nothing there that I'd actually disagree with.

The idea was a really fast choppy edit, to give the video some energy/aggression. My first attempt was so bad and got scrapped. That edit you see is has way more cuts, but i agree I could've went for more.

Thanks again Milko and hope you're keeping well. :)

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42055.5 In reply to 42055.2 
Shot with a Nikon D5300 DSLR and about 3 different lenses including a simple wee 50mm f1.8

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42055.6 In reply to 42055.4 
hmm, I'm alright but this is me 10 days ago:
https://www.instagram.com/p/BatP0RVHJ2W/

and I am bored of being left-handed and didn't get any more morphine. So it could be a bit better really. But hey! I will be healthy again and life's pretty good really.
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42055.7 In reply to 42055.5 
Editing setup?
“Developer makes luxury living more affordable”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42055.8 In reply to 42055.7 
Final Cut Pro X on a MacBook Pro

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–8

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats