GeneralTwitter thinks I need friends

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  milko     
Twitter pops up on my phone with the message to the effect "maybe you know these 187 people, do you want to follow them? And, apparently closing the page means, yes, yes I do!

So, thank you Milko. I'm so glad to finally have a friend! :D   
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Linn (INDYLS)     
42045.2 In reply to 42045.1 
haha. Come one, come all. I barely tweet anything because being exposed to so many amazing people (and, sadly, a shittonne of assholes that also infest the service but I don't follow those) has made me too aware of my limitations. 
milko
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
42045.3 In reply to 42045.1 
I don't have a twitter account.
“Watch this amazing footage of a camera falling out of a airplane and into a trough for pigs”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42045.4 In reply to 42045.1 
This happened to me all the time on LinkedIn until I cancelled my account. The notification would say 'so-and-so invites you to [whatever] on LinkedIn', but so-and-so did not invite anybody, it was a linkedin bot trying to build traffic
“Watch this amazing footage of a camera falling out of a airplane and into a trough for pigs”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)     
42045.5 In reply to 42045.4 
Whats amazing and a bit scary though is how social media knows who you know. I understand how they do it, generally speaking, but Facebook and the like has identified people I haven't even thought about for 30 years.

But then, Google knows if I searched for something on Amazon on my work computer, to show me ads for that product on my home computer, even though the 2 computers are not linked in any way except they both know I have an amazon account.  So I shouldn't be surprised.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

42045.6 In reply to 42045.5 
Twitter/etc are not your friends. uBlock Origin and Privacy Badger are.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
42045.7 In reply to 42045.6 
Ive not heard of Privacy Badger. Ill take a look. Thanks
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–7

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats