GeneralSMB V1

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  ALL
https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/bd0af6aa-51ec-477a-8c81-888a4e60bd94/master-browser-service-broken-after-creator-update?forum=win10itpronetworking

Just speechless. Spent a fruitless day trying to repair my nice simple Workgroup Network after the 'Creators Update' and then came across this. Tough on the millions of users around the world who have similar set-ups. Many of the alternatives are doubtless better, but to just 'do it' without any obvious warnings is almost incredible.
never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  william (WILLIAMA)     
42029.2 In reply to 42029.1 
Anyone who downgrades to Windows 10 deserves what they get. X-P
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
42029.3 In reply to 42029.2 
true enough.

I've calmed down a tiny bit now that I've had a chance to go over what I need to put right Also it seems from what I've found online that it all kicked off months ago, but MS left it to the rumour mill and unofficial user forums. 

99% of home users won't notice. A small number will get disgruntled because the computer browser function is fucked or their home NAS needs new firmware or something. <1% like me will be royally pissed off but then we don't amount to a significant constituency of annoyed people. A very large number of very small business users with networks resembling mine, probably developed over years, are now and will continue to be pissed off as well. But just like me they're too small to bother with. I suspect most of the people hit by it won't have a clue what went wrong and will end up paying somebody to fix it.
never trust a man in a blue trench coat, never drive a car when you're dead
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Peter (BOUGHTONP)     
42029.4 In reply to 42029.2 
Nothing wrong with Windows 10 (ignoring all that tracking stuff).
From a security point of view it's the version of Windows to use.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  ALL
Better than getting WannaCry though? 
richstokoe.com
+1/1
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–5

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats