Games (inc Online)Rage (MM Fury Road -alike) Steam sale

Press Ctrl+Enter to quickly submit your post
Quick Reply  

To:  graphitone     
41972.41 In reply to 41972.39 
All the pulse gun fx in the final mission are stressing out my pc, or there's a memory leak on multiple reloads. It seems to mess up the ata bus on my mb, so my pc won't boot from optical media (for an fsck) until a cold shutdown after a hard crash.

I may have to give the finale a miss, based on your description it's not worth the bother of reinstalling fedora again (a refresh was long overdue, I went from 19 --> 26 in a single bound). The crash last night actually nuked the rpm database, but luckily I found online instructions on how to repair and rebuild.

Oddly enough the ntfs partitions came through relatively unscathed, and I was able to hot-reboot into xp no problem. I did run chkdsk from the recovery console as a precaution though.

Definitely worth the price of admission, and I'll be replaying it again, just not the last level, until I get a beefier pc.
“A teen reunited with her birth mother, who then killed her and burned her body, police claim”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  CHYRON (DSMITHHFX)      
41972.42 In reply to 41972.41 
I liked the game, but was disappointed I couldn't go back and roam the sandbox after finishing it. There were more races I'd like to have done and the sewers DLC that came with it. Definitely worth the £2 I spent, but I don't think the story's got replay value.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.43 In reply to 41972.42 
I thought I read somewhere that you can go back and do stuff. Can't remember where I read that, or how you can do it though.
“A teen reunited with her birth mother, who then killed her and burned her body, police claim”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.44 In reply to 41972.42 
The combat is mostly meh, with some exceptions -- I liked the jackals in particular. The boss battles are just tedious.

What I really like are the mad-max environments and characters, that right there gives it loads of replay value IMHO.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.45 In reply to 41972.44 
Hmm, the Jackals were indicative of that sort of problem I mentioned towards the beginning of the thread. In this case, scantily clad warrior type people, who were some of the toughest enemies, taking multiple hits to take down. It's an odd design decision, and I'm not getting on my high horse with it, 'cos realism is as close to a bedfellow with this game as Simon Cowell is to talent; it just seems a little strange to have the least armoured enemies towards the end of the game, when the bigger Gearhead dudes are a level or two before.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.46 In reply to 41972.45 
Speaking of games (and I think you may well have seen this deal before) the Walking Dead's free for a limited time at Humble Bundle.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.47 In reply to 41972.46 
I tried to get that last night and I've got something called "uplay client" windows app in my hb library.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.48 In reply to 41972.47 
Ah, sounds like it's only available through Uplay then, it's Ubisoft's version of Steam. I got that unceremoniously dumped on me when I got one of the Far Crys a while back.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.49 In reply to 41972.43 
Sounds like you can only carry on playing once completed if you have the Scorchers DLC:

Quote: Rage Wikia
Note that this is the final mission, and once you have completed it, you cannot turn back and keep playing. So either save just before you go into the capital city or do all the side quests before attempting this mission. Be prepared to meet lots of Authority Mutants and the troops. You know how to deal with them by now, but if you want an easier ride, start spending money like never before and stock up on Authority Pulse Rounds (Jani now sells them), Authority Augmenters, Regenerative Infusions and Sentry Bots, and just tear through the level causing havoc. Note that there are the two final Vehicle Jumps in the Authority Territory past the Authority Security Bridge. Now, with the "Extended Play" option from the DLC RAGE: The Scorchers, after you finished it, you can continue playing.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.50 In reply to 41972.49 
Yeah that's it. It's still pretty cheap, I might get it.
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.51 In reply to 41972.48 
OK, I got an email with a link to steam key on humble. And now with our new isp we got no data cap  :-O~~~

Dunno what's up with that uplay thing.

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.52 In reply to 41972.51 
 :-/

Still, uncapped internet is a plus. What upload/download speed have you got there?
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.53 In reply to 41972.52 
~7 Mbps down. haven't checked up
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.54 In reply to 41972.46 
quote: graphitone
Speaking of games (and I think you may well have seen this deal before) the Walking Dead's free for a limited time at Humble Bundle.

I started playing this last night, and had the strangest sense of dejavu that I had installed it previously, played it for two minutes and nuked it, though it wasn't in my steam library before I got the hb key for it. Maybe I watched a youtube preview of it a while back.

I have it on low quality settings as a precaution, but the graphics are pretty primitive to begin with. As is the game play, which so far consists of multiple-choice dialog with a game character. Hmm, might give it one more chance.

“The local Anglican diocese hopes to build a 12-storey, $50-million-plus condo and commercial development.
But it must first dig up graves underneath a parking lot.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

To:  Manthorp     
41972.55 In reply to 41972.20 
I look sufficient of an arse without the additional of google eyes.  But they do look funny. Maybe I will.

"We all have flaws, and mine is being wicked."
James Thurber, The Thirteen Clocks 1951

0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.56 In reply to 41972.52 
Tested as D 7.10Mb U 590Kb
“The local Anglican diocese hopes to build a 12-storey, $50-million-plus condo and commercial development.
But it must first dig up graves underneath a parking lot.”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.57 In reply to 41972.56 
Right you are.

Any idea what the average is over there and is that the best you can get with that ISP? Just wondering 'cos those numbers seem low compared to the speeds we get here (at least in cities, we have outlying areas with some dial-up-like speeds).
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

41972.58 In reply to 41972.57 
That's the minimum package and likely well below average but not really sure about that.

The ISP advertises plans with "speeds up to 250 Mbps" (down, obviously), which cost more: https://primus.ca/index.php/ont_en/internet.html

We're not streaming or downloading huge amounts at this point (get all our movies on dvd from the library, which has a great selection) -- apart from surfing and email, Mrs.D watches a tv show, I download games, that's about it. The new service seems faster and more reliable than what we had.
“Badge, gun, holster, skateboard … meet Canada's first skateboarding cop”
0/0
 Reply   Quote More 

Reply to All    

1–20  21–40  41–58

Rate my interest:

Adjust text size : Smaller 10 Larger

Beehive Forum 1.5.2 |  FAQ |  Docs |  Support |  Donate! ©2002 - 2024 Project Beehive Forum

Forum Stats